Spells that cost less than 300 mana actually cost 300 when cast at full mana

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I'm not sure if that was reported before. Well, i noticed it in the first fight on the first day and didn't write about it once.

So, as an arcanist when I cast a spell with my mana bar full, it costs me 300 mana if the spell consumption is below 300 mana and no issue if the spell cost more than 300 mana to use, no matter which abilities.

That's the same for any arcanist character i've created, but i don't have that issue with the commander. And that's only for a spell used when full mana.

• @Absolit said in Arcanist's mana consumption:

I'm not sure if that was reported before. Well, i noticed it in the first fight on the first day and didn't write about it once.

So, as an arcanist when I cast a spell with my mana bar full, it costs me 300 mana if the spell consumption is below 300 mana and no issue if the spell cost more than 300 mana to use, no matter which abilities.

That's the same for any arcanist character i've created, but i don't have that issue with the commander. And that's only for a spell used when full mana.

What is the issue you are having it is a bit unclear

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Tero-Kaze I'm full mana , i use firebolt for 80 mana, it consumes 300 instead of 80. Only happen when i'm full mana.
    Same with every spell that consumes less than 300 mana.
    It doesn't happen with spells that consumes more than 300 mana.

Apologies for my english, it's garbage... but i try to improve

• Apologies for my english, it's garbage... but i try to improve

No Worries!

If you are wearing anything other that the starting cloth armor for mage there is a mana penalty. I have not noticed an issue but my toon is using all Leather so i use more mana regardless.

Tomorrow when the game is up i will see if i can replicate the issue.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Tero-Kaze My toon is full leather aswell, but when i'm at 1 800 mana apart, the consumption seems to be like the panel says.
    When i'm at 1 780 mana for exemple, the consumption is as expected.

And thank you ! I'm curious to know if you can replicate it

• Maybe it was the update but i cannot replicate the issue every cast takes the 250 is states. Although with mana regen it is a bit hard to track.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Still the same here.... i'll see if i can't find something to capture a video of it

EDIT:
    Sorry i couldn't directly post the videos right on the forum, so i took short captures and posted it on Youtube.
    Abilities that consumes 300 when full mana :

To show you that doesn't happen with spell that consumes more than 300 :

I don't know if it's the leather penalty which isn't correctly applied but i'm pretty sure it's a bug.

• Wiki Editor

@Absolit @Tero-Kaze

I tested with no armor and if I cast Mage Armor, 300 mana is consumed. I waited for it to regen. I then cast Firebolt and instead of 80 mana consumed, it did indeed consume 300 mana.

I don't think Leather armor is an issue since it seems to be considered "light" armor like cloth. With Hide armor, I can't cast any spells - so it seems the mana malus (which is now removed from tooltips) is replaced with can only cast spells in light armor. If I try with hide on, I get an error message, "Can't cast with medium or heavy armor."

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@kellewic Thank you ! I have absolutly no clues about how it ended like this, i just know that since i'm playing this Alpha, it's like this.

I knew this title wasn't right but didn't how to name it. Thanks (Prometheus i guess ?).

• DymStudios - CEO

Fixed in version a212

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured