The Question remains ...

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

isn't encouraging everybody to start a topic basically promoting spam?!

We will see!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Newcomers to the forum in order to gain experience, starting to create topics in the form of "Hello". Eventually they realize that they can just comment on other people's threads. I don't consider this spam, I am glad that we have new followers in the game.

• Community Manager

Welcome @MightyK.

Every new member can make a topic in the welcome section to get their quest done, which certainly isn't spam. πŸ˜‰

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@muker said in The Question remains ...:

Newcomers to the forum in order to gain experience, starting to create topics in the form of "Hello". Eventually they realize that they can just comment on other people's threads. I don't consider this spam, I am glad that we have new followers in the game.

So, you are encouraging newcomers to create a new 'Hello' thread, rather than unify this under one thread? This means that when new people visit the forums, they will see a large amount of single threads, rather than larger threads with cohesive discussion. This gives the impression of a transient community, rather than a cohesive community.

P.S. Post make to demonstrate this point..

@superman0x said in The Question remains ...:

So, you are encouraging newcomers to create a new 'Hello' thread, rather than unify this under one thread? This means that when new people visit the forums, they will see a large amount of single threads, rather than larger threads with cohesive discussion. This gives the impression of a transient community, rather than a cohesive community.

Well, then developers will have to work hard to make a kind of a training system for new users with an indication for posts where you can spam.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Well, then developers will have to work hard to make a kind of a training system for new users with an indication for posts where you can spam.

I suspect that this is a result of the marketing teams referral system, which is loosely based around a standard gleam.io structure with little thought of the actual consequences. I have found that most referral programs are 90% spam generators... but they dont usually self inflict.

This could be fixed with some simple forum guidelines, and changes to the point structure.

After some quick spam myself, I found that I am already L11, without doing any referrals. This could also be abused to generate an amount of spam accounts as referrals, which can also be gotten to L10+ with ease. These then provide additional points for the primary account, and with the 5pts per day, will increase over time.

I suspect that this is a result of the marketing teams referral system, which is loosely based around a standard gleam.io structure with little thought of the actual consequences. I have found that most referral programs are 90% spam generators... but they dont usually self inflict.

This could be fixed with some simple forum guidelines, and changes to the point structure.

After some quick spam myself, I found that I am already L11, without doing any referrals. This could also be abused to generate an amount of spam accounts as referrals, which can also be gotten to L10+ with ease. These then provide additional points for the primary account, and with the 5pts per day, will increase over time.

Any player performing at a time are all available(quick quests, in addition to contests and daily posts), maybe to level 20. BUT the moderator of the forum has already published a recording on the forum that all registriruetes accounts are tracked by IP, respectively, if 1 player will pile priglashennyh friends with the same IP, it would mean that he would gulnihal.

Hello MightyK!

LG
    Mata

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Any player performing at a time are all available(quick quests, in addition to contests and daily posts), maybe to level 20. BUT the moderator of the forum has already published a recording on the forum that all registriruetes accounts are tracked by IP, respectively, if 1 player will pile priglashennyh friends with the same IP, it would mean that he would gulnihal.

My experience (with similar promotional methods) tells me that someone is going to try to game the system, even if not successful. The problem with this is that the community as a whole has to pay the price for this (because of the spam) and that eventually, someone will be successful.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Well they have that hello tag, so bescly yes it is pure spam premote for new players.... However it also premote players to enetr the games froms. Not a lot of games made me do that....

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Spam is the essence to the foundation. Welcome aboard the spam train.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@chrightt Does not have to be spam, can be related topics or shareing ideas. Spam on the other hand is much more simpel thing to generate so most pepole will prefer to walk that path.

• Community Manager

There are plenty of ways to get your quests done without too much hassle. You can create a simple introduction thread in this section to get your quest done quickly. For the quests related to posts, we have this thread for those who just want to get it done quickly.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@Specter true, but what about 5000 more acounts? or 10000 more acounts? you will have less and less to ask the more pepole joining. For them either spaming or renforcing something will be the best way without asking something that was allredy asked or posting something that is not 100% true. You know that i did πŸ˜›

• Community Manager

@alagerknightofthemoon That doesn't change my point. πŸ˜‰ They can still make an introduction thread in this section or spam "blablabla" in the daily post thread.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

true, but it is still spam πŸ˜›

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@alagerknightofthemoon no shit, but people will spam because of the system. It is the fault of the system, not the people.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@chrightt them lets fix the system

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

for the SPAM!! at least they count only the first 10 post for the fondation

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

not sure why they are happy with post/spamming like that....but well, here it comes

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured