Summon Fellow Demon Players Ability

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Here is a chat log of something I thought worth posting here as an Idea for the developers.

Cheers & Enjoy Folks!

Aristocrat RedToday at 9:03 AM
    Will it ever be possible to summon demon players xD. Or things from the demon world to right for you? Like the classic summon a demon storys?

dj35Today at 9:05 AM
    Thatd be funny as hell and we would kill you

Aristocrat RedToday at 9:07 AM
    Unless I give you stuff you want to you. Or I'll just bind you until I'm done LMAO

dj35Today at 9:08 AM
    Never

Aristocrat RedToday at 9:17 AM
    We'll see

[TSE] Vyr VandalousToday at 5:43 PM
    Ultima Online had a 'summon demon' ability which was cool. I think having a summon player token would also be good... "Summon a Player/Demon Token".. maybe a rare item.. or maybe for a future expansion?.. but it very much makes logical sense to me. In D&D the bad thing with Demons was with their "Gate" ability.. to summon in more Pitfiends and such per round which is also why they were so dangerous. My main is not a Demon but I cannot argue the logic against such a mechanic for fractured and I even support it.

dj35Today at 5:45 PM
    Wh but I think it would be food to have a do you wanna be summoned on the demon player side cuz you don't wanna be questing and just be randomly summoned

[TSE] Vyr VandalousToday at 5:48 PM
    Of course not.. that's not how a 'summon player token' works dude.. you get a gump window usually top left side asking you if you wish to 'accept the summons' or not.

we posted something about that earlier.

I doubt, as that would go against manual travel focus, and would allow people to spawn an army to them easily, even with a cool down, you would have 50 players, each one spawns just one more, you now have 100 players.

I agree it would fit the Demon beeing able to be summoned in general, although the demon in this game is a more free will kind of demon. They are not controlled by another entity or can be dismissed.

Summoning only for Demons would be an unbalanced feature, especially in PvP and in visiting other planets. One player goes to anotherr planet and uses the limited time to get as far as possible, then he summons a friend, who can extend the things the other one started, then he can summon a 3th one etc etc.

Given the premise that interplanetary travel requires preparation and resources with special stargates, such a ability would kind of utterly destroy the cost per benefit ratio.

@Yitra said in Summon Fellow Demon Players Ability:

I agree it would fit the Demon beeing able to be summoned in general, although the demon in this game is a more free will kind of demon. They are not controlled by another entity or can be dismissed.

Summoning only for Demons would be an unbalanced feature, especially in PvP and in visiting other planets.

The summons can be limited to knowledge on the summoner vs the knowledge for the summoned. IE a summoner has a level 50 knowledge and a demon has a level 15, then the demon gets a prompt asking if they want to be a summoned demon for x amount of time (i know knowledge levels dont exist, it's an example). The time limit can be based on the knowledge of the summoner or can be a hard limit. IE low knowledge can be 1 minute while high knowledge could be 5 minutes. The demon who doesn't follow the rules of the summoner can be 'forced' into do it (ie the Pet NPC AI takes over for a short time).

The reason a demon would want to do this is they gain knowledge on the planet they're on. they get to see other parts of the planet (still limited to the hard rules of only positive karma in the holy place, etc). It could be possible to increase the knowledge gained thus giving a better incentive to be a 'slave' for 1-5 minutes. Now I'd like to see this apply for the Beastkin too but I'm not sure they'd be willing to do it. as you gain knowledge on the other planet, you also gain resistance toward being summoned. This allows new Demons more opportunity to be summoned and the older Demons 'are too strong willed to be summoned' lore thing.

One player goes to another planet and uses the limited time to get as far as possible, then he summons a friend, who can extend the things the other one started, then he can summon a 3th one etc etc.

the invasions have a 30 minute hard limit then you're forcefully teleported off the planet. The summons can be limited to the human planet only for demons, and can't be summoned during an eclipse. Maybe the summons takes 5 minutes (has to go through a few demons that want to be summoned) and while the channel happens they can't be attacked. This gives an incentive to good/neutral humans to stop it.

@Logain said in Summon Fellow Demon Players Ability:

Given the premise that interplanetary travel requires preparation and resources with special stargates, such a ability would kind of utterly destroy the cost per benefit ratio.

Of course with each idea there are a ton of possibilities of having ideas that work against it. The idea I think is a good one. it is logical and it is fun and I think there are ways to adapt this idea in some sort of Incarnation to make it fit if the developers see the merit in it.

Example in relation to what you said: a portal of sorts so when a group of demons port in.. and one of them dies.. perhaps they port back to their realm of Tartaros but if that player had a 'bound' rune or glyph or something on their character then they would get the ability to immediately port back to the fight. Maybe there is a 5 minute timer or something on it to do so after a death.

That is just one example but it is an example. Just use the Imagination.

@VyrVandalous said in Summon Fellow Demon Players Ability:

(...)Just use the Imagination.

I think you misunderstood what I meant to express. I was trying to highlight the fact that the developers seem (in my humble opinion) to want making travel between planets something special and 'rare', requiring work and effort by the travelling player. A true experience. Hence why they artificially limit teleportation spells and why interplanetary travel requires preparation.

If you can just summon a demon, it directly contradicts this and makes it a common occurrence that is no longer valued.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I'd love, for player-demons, to have the ability to be summoned into the world of men, for exchange of something.

@VyrVandalous said in Summon Fellow Demon Players Ability:

(...)Just use the Imagination.

I think you misunderstood what I meant to express. I was trying to highlight the fact that the developers seem (in my humble opinion) to want making travel between planets something special and 'rare', requiring work and effort by the travelling player. A true experience. Hence why they artificially limit teleportation spells and why interplanetary travel requires preparation.

If you can just summon a demon, it directly contradicts this and makes it a common occurrence that is no longer valued.

OP is talking about the "human summons a powerful demon from the twisting nether that'll their bidding. muhahahaha" but they're actually just summoning demons from Tartaros. there are plenty of stories that this type revolves around.

OP isnt talking about "we'll make a quick portal so demons can invade the country side".

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

What's wrong with having a summoning ritual, if you're worshiping an evil god?

@Jetah said in Summon Fellow Demon Players Ability:

(...)OP isnt talking about "we'll make a quick portal so demons can invade the country side".

Neither was I. But for the individual summoned demon, there is a massive difference in perceived experience between having to spend a considerable amount of time to collect resources, cooperating with other demons to prepare and secure the portal for accessing another planet to 'you have been summoned, have fun'. A game developer (on another indie title) once stated that if you don't have to put forth any effort to accomplish something, you can not value the 'achievement'. It would be somewhat similar trying to compare 'That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind' to hundreds of random people being 'summoned' to the moon. One is an achievement that people continue talking about decades later, the other is...

• I think this would work if there were a massive drawback such as it taking a long time to perform uninterrupted, 15 - 20 minutes and just touching, attacking, or breathing on the player or the pentagram could backlash it onto the caster in damage or a stun.

It would feel more like a commitment with risk, and less like an exploit.

@Logain

you seem to have a completely different idea on it. sure there are materials to gather, but i doubt you'll spend 2 hours grinding for it (no grind game). the spell is there to fulfill the 'summoner' theme which can be chalk outline on the floor with some animal blood or whatever. the summoned demon is there for a temporary time and can grant knowledge to said demon for being a 'slave' for a few minutes. there's no moon, no achievement, etc here, not even sure why you mentioned that part.

@DrQuick

with my idea, it shouldn't take longer to summon than the demon would stay. IE a 5 minute stay shouldn't take 15 minutes of cast time.

(...)you seem to have a completely different idea on it(...)

I'm not sure if you are intentionally misunderstanding what I'm trying to express, or simply didn't bother to read my posts from beginning to end and just skimmed through. In either case, I don't think it would be beneficial for me to try and continue to reiterate on my stance.
    Should this not be the case and you are interested in my point of view and there's an honest misunderstanding, let me know and I'm going to try and rephrase.

@Logain

re-reading your previous comment and you really missed the ball on it.

you're expecting a human to summon a demon to be skipping an invasion. which it isnt. the summoner summoning a demon is just flavor for that knowledge tree which allows a demon to temporarily (literally like less than 15 minutes) be on the planet under the rule of a 'powerful summoner'. nothing more, nothing less. it make the warlock summoning demons from the twisting neither more of a reality where the demon is a player.

(...)you're expecting a human to summon a demon to be skipping an invasion. which it isnt(...)

No, I wanted to point out that the concept completely devalues the rare experience that visiting other planets would be if the only means are through the portals.
    It's a bit like finding a gold nugget compared to finding sand, the simple fact that there's hardly any effort involved in finding sand and that it is such a frequent occurrence makes it worthless.

(...)you're expecting a human to summon a demon to be skipping an invasion. which it isnt(...)

No, I wanted to point out that the concept completely devalues the rare experience that visiting other planets would be if the only means are through the portals.
    It's a bit like finding a gold nugget compared to finding sand, the simple fact that there's hardly any effort involved in finding sand and that it is such a frequent occurrence makes it worthless.

it's one summoned player. the spell could have a 10-20 hours CD on it. it doesn't cheapen the invasions nor the portals that have to be built.

again, you're confusing two concepts.

@Jetah could demon player be able to break free of control and shred human player to pieces? ☠ 🔞

@Gothix said in Summon Fellow Demon Players Ability:

@Jetah could demon player be able to break free of control and shred human player to pieces? ☠ 🔞

always a small chance. magic isn't perfect!!!!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured