Couple of questions mixed with a few hyper specific suggestions with reasoning.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This game sounds like it could be the next Ultima Online. Which may not mean much to those who don't know but that is a huge compliment. I have questions and suggestions for devs I hope they get seen and discussed. Just for reference I am a programmer myself, veteran mmo player and I've messed around in game dev in my spare time.

PVP
    Loving the knowledge system and moba style pvp.

Suggestion: I'm worried about auto attacks from what I've seen. Make it like league of legends.

Reason:
    -Seems to work for every other moba style game of all time

PVP UI
    Suggestion: Allow player to click and hold to pull a move aroundable health bar or allies or enemies. This health bar can be clicked on when a spell/skill cursor is up to target the person.

Reason:
    -In party how are you going to heal people?
    -In large fights how are you going to keep track of who is who ect.

Houses:
    I've learned that there is house decay (thank you) and that when a house becomes condemned monsters take over it. (Nice love it)

Suggestion: Allow all items left behind by the player in a condemned house to be looted

Reason2:
    -Creates an entire system of warfare of people searching for the condemned houses and pvping with other people other both the loot left behind by the player that owned the house, as well as the house location.
    -Lets people legacies be taken over by new players
    -Keeps potentially rare items in the world

Items:
    Suggestion: Allow items to be set onto the ground.
    Reasons:
    -Immersment is critical. Being able to set something on the ground or a table is just basic in reality.
    -This allows no longer desired items to be discarded. (Just add a 10 minute decay timer on whatever gets put on the ground.)
    -This allows you to leave behind some extra supplies for newly spawned allies to pick up and rejoin the battle with.
    -This allows house decoration items to be placed where the player wants when decorating a house. (Again immersment but also customization.)
    -This allows items inside a decayed condemned house to looted after the monsters are killed.

Suggestion: Purely cosmetic "blessed" clothing or paints or the like.
    note: (blessed mean you don't lose it when you die)
    -To remain a full loot game, all "PVP" related items must drop on the enemies corpse to be lootable. What I'm suggesting is simply cosmetic style based clothing or paints ect your can put onto the items or wear over the items.

Reasons:
    -Allows for more customization of players
    -Allows for rare designs and unique items
    -Allows for craftable rare designs as well
    -People won't risk losing something that looks cool thats rare like that anyway so why not make stuff for cosmetics only.

Mounts
    Suggestion: Allow for mounted combat skills

Reasons:
    -Prevent the need to dismount for combat and to flag enemies.
    -Prevents people from hoping on a mount to escape or gank squards from hoping on mounts to surround
    -Makes the mount more valuable

Suggestion: Keep all mounts movement speed the same.

Reason:
    -Albion had different movement speed mounts with no mount combat and it was the worst thing ever. Gank squads just had the fastest mounts and you could never get away.

Suggestion: Summon mounts vs tamable mounts

-Summon mounts could take a few seconds to summon and mount. They could be blessed and stay in your inventory. Purely cosmetic. If you dismount it goes back into your inventory.
    -Tamable mounts you can mount/dismount instantly and could be used in combat. They can be killed ect.

Thats all for now,

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@WhiteLotus said in Couple of questions mixed with a few hyper specific suggestions with reasoning.:

Suggestion: Allow all items left behind by the player in a condemned house to be looted

Reason2:
    -Creates an entire system of warfare of people searching for the condemned houses and pvping with other people other both the loot left behind by the player that owned the house, as well as the house location.
    -Lets people legacies be taken over by new players
    -Keeps potentially rare items in the world

I like this suggestion. Side question: do you think random players should be able to publicly see decay timer on houses? Or perhaps no timer, but house should visually give some idea about its state? Or no visual clue at all?

About custom decoration, by leaving stuff on ground. This will be hard to implement, because system to determine what is players private area where he is allowed to place items / limit of items to place in private area / what can be placed and what can't etc (many factors), would be complex, cost a lots of resources to implement, stressful on server, and might glitch out (i'm afraid what players could do if that glitches out). 😉 I'd rather have a more standard house costomization system, that isn't built around of freely dropping stuff on ground.

you need to read the NEWS sections first. i'm not aware of any auto attacks. the game will be setup for actively aimed attacks which friends can take the damage for you if they're between you and the attack.

Fractured isn't a MOBA but will offer the active attack style.

cosmetics are bound to the account/character, not the item. probably more like Path of Exile. nothing should be made soulbound.

i doubt we'll get mounted combat at release, it is something i'd be interested in.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix
    So I think there are 2 options to show on the decaying houses. As long as the players can actively calculate when the house will become condemned, whatever the devs decide could work out.
    Options:

1. Easy- just add a house sign that says the state of the house when anyone clicks on it
    2. Harder (cooler) - Have 4-5 versions of all the outer wall house tiles for each decay level of the house. So when a house is brand new it looks new, when its colapsed make it look all broken down monstery themed.

More On Custom Deco On The Ground:
    I guess when i played ultima online there was a house plot you lived on. You could build walls, tiles, roofs, ect. And you could place 2 types of items that could decorate your house - which is where this idea comes from. I don't understand how housing and items could work any other way I guess.

You had a deed like item you double click and target the spot in your house you want it. So a bear rug facing south for example.

Then you had other items you drop on the ground and say "i wish to lock this down". As long as you were in the house plot area the item you targeted would remain at that location within the house. There was also house deco tools that could lower/raise the z-axis of the items you locked down.

Honestly, if just gotta mess around with the housing system on ultima online. If you make it like that, you'll have the best housing system in any mmo undeniably. If you are the house owner (or co-owner).

Or even easier what a random uo housing video on yt like this one

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Jetah
    Yea, I brought up auto attacks because from what I've seen in videos about pvp it seems like you gotta push a button to try to stab a person + moba style abilities? I guess I just kinda don't know what to expect if its not the typical moba style click on the target and auto attack him

As far as soulbound items, I am only talking about purely cosmetic stuff. So say you have a cape design that you like. Its a rare drop from a monster or something. Glowing all white with a dragon head on it. The design could be soulbound, and when you die you still lose a cape but you keep the design? If you want to sell the design you click on it and it becomes a deed and you sell it, no you know longer have the design, and the guy who bought it does.

Or just make clothing items be purely cosmetic and be worn over armor and able to become soulbound.

As far as mounted combat, ultima online solution was simple, just allow the use of all the same abilities, accept on your mount you are faster then on foot. As a dev the challenge this would present would be coming up with the animations for all the mounted combat skills.

Another option is to have only mounted skills and some skills that can be used mounted or not and only non mounted skills. Then players could have one skill preset for if they are on foot, and one if they are mounted? Or maybe if dont want to allow changes of skills set mid combat from people dismounting, make the skill that are only unmounted skills go red and unusable if mounted and vice versa.

• @WhiteLotus said in Couple of questions mixed with a few hyper specific suggestions with reasoning.:

This game sounds like it could be the next Ultima Online. Which may not mean much to those who don't know but that is a huge compliment.

I completely agree and it makes me super excited. I've been looking for an upgraded and improved UO for years and years. Also, agree with your suggestions and am seeing how those are also reminiscent of UO. Appreciate the perspective, hope to see you in game.

@WhiteLotus

combat will be moba style but not a direct copy.

cosmetics are account bound (or character) so it'll never be taken from you.

problem is then mounted combat becomes the minimum for combat, which goes against the core of the game where anyone can join in and fight. there'd have to be some good anti-mounted abilities. we're limited to 8-ish abilities on the bar so everyone would need 1 dismount ability if that were the case.

Mounted combat could work IF there were special abilities that only work while mounted, while normal abilities NOT working while mounted.

This way, movement speed (while mounted) could be balanced with non mounted combat, by non mounted combat having more powerful abilities, and more tools.

@Gothix said in Couple of questions mixed with a few hyper specific suggestions with reasoning.:

Mounted combat could work IF there were special abilities that only work while mounted, while normal abilities NOT working while mounted.

This way, movement speed (while mounted) could be balanced with non mounted combat, by non mounted combat having more powerful abilities, and more tools.

but cavalry changed how war happened. it was more powerful than troops on foot but more expensive. that's why it's generally not put in multiplayer RPG games (i'm not talking about coop either).

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix @Jetah

Everything is sounding good from everyone I am loving the potential so far with housing, cosmetics and combat.

-Mounted combat solution already proven to work as it was done in UO works like this-

-everyone gets a soulbound "summon" mount on character creation
    -this mount has many weaknesses,

1. takes a few seconds to cast the spell to summon it and mount up
    2. if you are dismounted you have to recast the spell to get on the mount
    3. it looks different from real mounts so people know your on a summon mount (makes you a pvp target)

This works because real mounts (animals you can tame in the wild and then ride) have so many advantages over summon mounts that people prefer a real mount to counter dismount skills. However the existence of the summon mount is enough to allow anyone to start off the game and join in the fight with a mount. Also in most mmos there are alot of "common" mounts that are easy to get. In UO you can buy a horse from a stable master for example for very little gold.

(concerning skills that may be OP when mounted or dismounted solution)
    Just make a version of all skills that can be used while mounted or dismounted. If you have a skill equiped that is primarily better for dismounted combat but would be OP on a mount or vice verse, make an alternate skill that skill turns into automatically when you mount or dismount/ OR / make said skill un-usable if mounted or dismounted.

Most important note
    please dont get this wrong
    MAKE ALL MOUNTS NO MATTER WHAT THE SAME SPEED

@WhiteLotus

with the moba style combat i still dont see it working.

items aren't bound except for cosmetics so that rules out that, although summoned animals would be interesting for the summer branch of knowledge.

it's odd that you say UO because I played it before the split of pvp and pve lands. well before anything was bound.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Jetah
    As for targeting, just imagine it like you press a button and the closest "non-friendly" (creature or player) is highlighted in red.
    A second hotkey would be called targetque and it would launch any spell that required you to click on said target at the highlighted person when you press the skill and then the hotkey.

Why add this?
    -With hundreds of players on screen you need something like this for combat to viable. Even tho this uses moba style combat, with so many people fighting at once it won't work out like mobas do. I'm sure some skills with have delays before they activate or hit the enemy, so this targeting allows for better comboing. Im sure there will be some spells you have to target the person by clicking on them, as well as several other types of spells and targeting spells like in any moba Ive played. All these basic targeting hotkeys do is make pvp cleaner, nothing is really changing here, its mostly for visual, key binding, and general targeting purposes. What I mean to say is this wont change moba style pvp very much, just make it more dynamic and doable.

-Mounted combat-
    Even without starting summon mounts, they could just add an animal tamer vendor that sells horses for next to nothing, so that would still allow anyone start out on an even playing field. Problem solved. Its just making the skills work correctly thats the issue imo. (Doable tho)

I played it in ren era was better fun..then i played a UO free shard that was better then the actual game after item insurance and trammel killed the real servers. This free shard was by far the most intense immersed mmo experience I've ever had tho. I also developed for a UO free shard for a few years. So, I'm fairly familiar with how some stuff might work or be harder then other things to accomplish. I been looking for a good mmo for sooooo long, I'm hoping to plant some seed early here and see if they grow into the correct mmo that everyone else has failed to create up till this point.

@WhiteLotus

As for targeting, just imagine it like you press a button and the closest "non-friendly" (creature or player) is highlighted in red.
    I've played games like that. this isn't that type of game. if you can't aim or track, then you can't kill stuff.

for right now there's no mounted combat either. there's always a possibility, later in the games' life that it's added.
    i know you want it but it isn't happening right now.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured