Human er, taming

• Quick question, something I hadn't thought about before was, NPCs, will they be out there, and if so will humanoid NPCs be tamable (either as a Companion or a Pet), solid examples of this are squires, porters, minstrels, and slaves. 2 of those can fight and 2 really should not but cosmetically fill out the world and it's travelers. πŸ˜‰

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Dr-Quick No slaves. NPCs are only in certain interactions will not be personal (about the guilds don't remember)

Companions or pets like squires or minstrels would be nice. Maybe squire could actually carry some extra gear pieces for you and minstrel can play different songs. I remember how squire was my most used companion in WoW. Jester would be kind of nice too with different set of tricks and plays.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Referring to a potential human NPC companion as a "pet" is an interesting choice that may reveal more about you than probably intended.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Dr-Quick said in Human er, taming:

Quick question, something I hadn't thought about before was, NPCs, will they be out there, and if so will humanoid NPCs be tamable (either as a Companion or a Pet), solid examples of this are squires, porters, minstrels, and slaves. 2 of those can fight and 2 really should not but cosmetically fill out the world and it's travelers. πŸ˜‰

Hello! No, it is almost unlikely, the main thing that NPC will do is giving quests and tasks inside towns. You will be able to keep with you only pets, companions or monsters.

it was mentioned before, but what if humans could summon a random demon as a temporary slave? the person would get a popup asking if they wish to be a human slave for x duration. the first person that denies it would increase the rewards for the 'slave'. the rewards increase until someone accepts it; if no one accepts after x time then the 'spell failed' as the best RP response.

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki said in Human er, taming:

@Jetah Well it would not be that bad if humans could gain an access to it through their technology and they could have summon either a beastman or demon, depending on the human's allignment. It could be also given that such summoned demons do not leak their vital energies so fast - i.e. can stay on Syndesia longer; and beastman retain some of their beastfolk abilities - only on a very limited scale. Giving raise to "summoners" and their "pets" πŸ˜„

people been trying to summon demons all the time. i dont see why it couldn't be done in game. In WoW there's one summon that last 10 minutes. that could be a pretty good amount of time for humans. it's small enough time that you wont really get side tracked too much yet long enough to make RP pretty nifty.

to benefit demons for the 'inconvenience' of the summon they can gain knowledge while on the planet. death wouldn't have any negative consequences as the summon would just return to their pre-summoned location.

I dont remember the human planet revolting against either other 2. it was beast v demon where the planet would fight back.

we could have it so humans could make beastmen and demons pets, beastmen could make humans and demons pets, and demons could make humans and beastmen pets. lol

• This post is deleted!

@Xzait For the petdom! But it would cause a lot of troubles for the ruleset, but if you were to limit it to that, that you can only summon same and/or neutral alligned characters and demons cannot be summoned to Arboreus and Beastman to Tartaros under any circumstances, it would be possible. Otherwise someone could just simply create a beastman - get the summoning skill and summon his demon friends/alts to Arboreus to wreck havoc and get desummoned instead of penalized once defeated.

the ruleset would still exist for the beastman. the game can prevent the enslaved demon from attacking others while serving a beastman with positive karma.

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki

that's nearly no different than NPC summons from other games. I'm just applying that logic to a player summoned.

• This post is deleted!

@Jetah Well you still need to have boundaries on the player that is summoned - which would such system put in place - otherwise you could get a lot of people that would accept the summon and fail you sooner or later - although even with such a system in place. Player-based summons are always kind of... troublesome.

i assumed the current limitations in other games would apply here. i dont see how you'd let a player summoned have free reign over who they can attack. although that could be a con for the summoning. "sure you can summon a demon but you dont really have that much control over them.." "do you still wanna do it?" then it wouldn't really be a summoning spell but more like a teleport.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in testing to see if it's fun to do. I would like it to have the option to unlock knowledge as a perk for demons.

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki

so long as beast and humans can be summoned by demons then i dont see any problems with it. again as long as the total duration is limited (by knowledge) then it shouldn't be an issue. the total duration shouldn't be more than 10 minutes if the summoned doesn't die. that death, nor summon, shouldnt reduce durability of any gear.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured