Questions about Guilds

• Are guilds restricted to race/faction? and if so are you able to stay in your clan if you become a angle, lich, or abomination.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

There is no fixed way of guild restrictions yet, but as it currently stands they will be locked to planets, meaning you can only join a guild on a planet on which you can live. As far as I know the devs are not yet 100% sure though.

So I guess when you turn into an Abomination / Angel you will have to leave your guild. Which makes sense to me, because you are practically turning into the greatest รฉnemy of your previous race and your new playstyle will be vastly different from your guild anyways.

I believe they said it was Karma restricted so that a fallen Beastkin can join a Human or if fallen enough Demon guild.

if you become a litch or angel then you cannot be in the same guild as you'll be on different planets.

the search bar should pull the comment.

Why on earth the game would restrict who will play on what guild regardless of the race?

It is totally different what is reasonable, but even the weirdest mixes should be players' choise. Not game's.

What about gaming communities and guilds which plays different games together? Should the game restrict those to play together or kick people out of the guild?

Here is one post from devs behalf:

Prometheus DYMSTUDIOS - CEO Jul 10, 2017, 2:04 AM
    "As for guilds, we're not doing something really out of the ordinary there. A notable peculiarity though is that you'll be able to create both "mixed" guilds and guilds restricted to one of the three races, and that will have an impact on the possibilities available to the guild when it comes to colonization ๐Ÿ™‚"

I agree with this option 100%. It makes most sense when talking about sandbox game. There is no reason to restrict guild concepts by the game. Lets leave that freedom of choise to players and let them use their informed decision related to guilds' inner politics.

• @Tuoni Thanks a lot!

@Satori Do not thank me yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Because I found also this one:

Prometheus DYMSTUDIOS - CEO Sep 29, 2017, 2:29 AM
    @logain said in Multiple Races Guild and Bonuses for Race-Restricted Guild:

"I kind of wonder how beastmen and demons can be in the same Guild. At least lore and even gameplay wise. That's going to be an interesting concept when we see it!"

"They can't. Mixed guilds will be alignment-restricted anyway! ๐Ÿ˜‰ So you'll see guilds of good Humans and Beastmen, or guilds of evil Humans and Demons. If a Beastman is in the same guild as a demon it's because it's a Renegade. Similarly, if a Demon is in the same guild as a Beastman it's because it's a Redeemed. Please note Renegade Beastmen and Redeemed Demons are very complex concepts (for us to implement and for players to achieve) and will be implemented way later than the first Alphas."

So here dev says that guilds will be alignment restricted. Which sounds quite odd imho, because players alignments can and will change. It is not wise to think that all players in the same guild has the exactly same playstyle happily ever after. So I see here a conflicted design problem. Moreover, will people be auto kicked from the guild if their alignment changes?

• @Tuoni Yeah sounds like a very confusing system... hopefully something will be implemented so that you dont get auto kicked as soon as your karma drops your alignment. Will have to wait and see.

yeah we argued over it in that thread.

there shouldn't be a limit in a sandbox.

maybe alliances, or something similar can be a way 1 guild can have members across all 3 planets.

my problem with no restrictions is it will be so much easier to transport goods with have access to all the major chat channels (if they exist).

@Jetah said in Questions about Guilds:

yeah we argued over it in that thread.

there shouldn't be a limit in a sandbox.

maybe alliances, or something similar can be a way 1 guild can have members across all 3 planets.

my problem with no restrictions is it will be so much easier to transport goods with have access to all the major chat channels (if they exist).

I read that thread and unfortunately it did not answer to the important questions.

I agree, that there should not be limits in sandbox game like Fractured.

I hope there will be only small local chat channels.

Maybe transporting can be easier if you organize the transport chain in reasonable way, but in otherhand you have problems to arrange group activity with different races.. So maybe the pros and cons are in balance with different guild compositions.. maybe. Hard to say at this point.

@Tuoni
    we didnt get an answer because i believe DS is still thinking about it or they're still set on karma limits.

I have one more thing to add here. What about ALTs? Characters are usually very different from each other or otherwise those have very little point to exist. Many people will have characters from different races and for different purposes. This will make the situation even more complicated if alts can not be in the same guild.

Copyright ยฉ 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured