Is it possible do learn and use different types of paths/guild trees at the same time?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

If yes, are stronger skills locked behind weaker ones? if not we won't feel like it is worth it to invest in one tree instead of being a do-it-all character.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

From what I understand, there are no stronger and weaker skills. Like @prometheus mentioned elsewhere, there's no such thing as a fireball and major fireball. I believe the spotlight about the knowledge system talks about the way unlocking works. https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-3-knowledge-system/.

I don't think there's much of a point in investing in only one tree. If you want to be a pyromancer, you'll take your fireball from Invocation, your AOE fire attack from Conjuration, your fire shield (assuming there is one) from Abjuration, etc.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@vengu I believe the talent tree is more like "passives" like the ones you have on Diablo 3, PoE and Torchlight. And while we don't have a major fireball, do we have something like fireball > fire storm > meteor, with the former being pre-requisites?

I feel like the main public to Fractured would be the people who likes the three games I cited + Albion etc and these people, or at least I, like this kind of game because there is a huge feeling of progression with PoE being my favorite since it doesn't limit you like the rest. If you can get Fireball and "Ignite" do use as DPS + Magic Shield + Healing + etc why wouldn't you? Investing more in one tree should make you stronger with that than someone who has a bit of everything.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@lukezamboni said in Is it possible do learn and use different types of paths/guild trees at the same time?:

@vengu I believe the talent tree is more like "passives" like the ones you have on Diablo 3, PoE and Torchlight. And while we don't have a major fireball, do we have something like fireball > fire storm > meteor, with the former being pre-requisites?

I was referring to this comment made by Prometheus: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/681/feature-spotlight-4-skills-galore/19?page=1. Maybe my compilation thread has the answer: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/266/a-compilation-of-everything-we-know-about-fractured?page=1

I feel like the main public to Fractured would be the people who likes the three games I cited + Albion etc and these people, or at least I, like this kind of game because there is a huge feeling of progression with PoE being my favorite since it doesn't limit you like the rest. If you can get Fireball and "Ignite" do use as DPS + Magic Shield + Healing + etc why wouldn't you? Investing more in one tree should make you stronger with that than someone who has a bit of everything.

I asked Prometheus a question like that and this is what he had to say about it: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/222/the-knowledge-system-and-cookie-cutter-builds/2. I agree with you that it seems pretty easy to make a build that has a mix of everything, especially considering how man schools use intellect as their stat.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@vengu I didn't see those posts before. Reading "progression / re-building" coming from Prometheus eases my mind since they plan to have progression in mind.

About build uniqueness I think we will have to wait until it's released and hope for it to not become the famous 4-man party with 2 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer with all of those always using the same skills since they are just better than everything else.

• DymStudios - CEO

@lukezamboni said in Is it possible do learn and use different types of paths/guild trees at the same time?:

are stronger skills locked behind weaker ones? if not we won't feel like it is worth it to invest in one tree instead of being a do-it-all character.

Hi Luke :slight_smile: I think this question of yours implies a little misunderstanding on the role of the Talent Tree and Abilities / Schools. As you've mentioned in your following post, the Talent Tree is indeed quite PoE-like and only provides passive bonuses - you don't unlock/learn abilities there, that's a whole separate matter. It's all explained quite in detail here! So, to reply your questions:

• No, we're not planning to force you to learn abilities in order, like "fireball > fire storm > meteor". Your character can learn all the abilities in the game, with some being harder because of generally more complex/time consuming requirements or because of your alignment and planet (thus your race).
    • In the Talent Tree, it's definitely a good thing to focus on one or two branches - all six doesn't sound good, even if you've unlocked all the 50 talent points :slight_smile: Anyway, don't forget that you can re-assign your talents every time you take a Resting phase, it's not a semi-permanent decision like PoE. You're meant to re-build your character way more often on Fractured - in this respect, Fractured is closer to a MOBA, where you can "change hero" before a match.
    • There is progression - learning abilities is a kind of progression and it's very important in Fractured, and so is gaining Knowledge Points -> unlocking Talent Points.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured