WoW Classic is coming

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Zidroc said in WoW Classic is coming:

anyone else absolutely absorbed by WoW classic now?

I am, best game what I have played for long time. 🙂

I did play it quite a while (lvl 38 warlock / level 36 rogue / level 18 warrior). But to be honest the quest concept is too old for me.
    The community is nice and people are friendly was nice to get the classic feeling again.
    Problem is that it is still very time consuming and I quit cause I still have other things to do. 🙂

Been playing since launch the past few weeks. Am lvl 44 Shadow Priest on Atiesh, HMU for dungeon runs!

I am now going to necro my old thread from the last year and sorry about that. I am interested to know how those who have played or who are still playing have experienced the Classic WoW? What you think about this game?

Personally, I was really hyped and I also enjoyed the experience until I got bored and I quit, that is the short version. 😉 I had fun when leveling and I especially liked the challenge what Classic offered. However, the leveling experience turned boring over time and it felt that the progression stopped somewhere after level forty. I was playing casually and purely just for fun which also started to show with the speed of progression. So I stopped playing Classic and I decided to test out the retail version, and hey why not, I was already paying the monthly subscription. Now I have wade throught the Warlords of Draenor, Legion and BfA expansions and run out of reasonable things to do already, so I have canceled the subscription once again. I have to say that upcoming Shadowlands expansion looks promising, but only time will tell, if it will be a success or a flop like BfA.

I'm playing it because there is nothing else interesting to play atm.

First and foremost, Classic is not Vanilla not even close. Classic is much easier to play then vanilla ever was.

There are so many differences that one can not even begin to describe, even in raid encounter mechanics.

• many raid mechanics are different (just one example garr adds do not explode all at once if garr is brought below 50% before they are dead so you can nuke garr simply keeping all adds banished...)
    • classic is nerfed to hell and back compared to vanilla, for example some attacks during raid encounters do 90% less damage than in vanilla (300 instead of 3000 for example) so many attacks that one shotted you back in the day you can now just shrug off and continue as nothing much happened
    • many other differences

Main issue why its like that is, because Blizzard took retail version of Azeroth world from Legion (which is extremely nerfed compared to vanilla, mechanically and by numbers), and then tried to tweak it back so it's little closer to how it was back then, but there are so many things to tweak and of course they failed to tweak so much of it.

So basically classic, on the first look, looks like vanilla, but it isn't even close to it.

That being said, its a nice game to pass the time while waiting for something more interesting. For a bit of nostalgia, and for social aspects.

I'm playing (alliance) mage and a hunter (there is waaaay too many mages in all servers btw.)

There is waaaaay more horde than alliance so if you want to do BGs, then go for alliance, queue times are MUCH shorter. But if you want easier life in open world, roll a horde.

@Gothix Okay nice to see that someone is actually still playing. 🙂 I got enough WoW Classic and retail for now so it is time to focus on something else. Currently I have no game to play but I hope I found one before summer.

@Gothix On the Hunter advice.

I played Hunter from day 2 almost exclusively, (never been an alt person), and for the first year to 18months, it was almost a weekly Buff, Nerf, Buff, Nerf situation.
    I would raid 1 week and be just topping the Healers in Dps, and a month later "Wow Starion why are you constantly popping Feign death", "Because I can't stop critting and topping aggro".

Ahhh Vanilla...... (WoW) !!

Not a criticism, just my 2 pence worth.

Starion Deltaar salutes you.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured