Psychometrics to establish natural fit

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Lets escalate this question to another level:

So this time there are (naive and stupid) healers (good persons) walking around and healing evil people, who are then repeatedly killing more and more good people. They are only able to do that, because those healers (even if good persons) are stupid and keep healing them.

Now you go and kill those healers, and in the process, evil people aren't healed anymore and rest of good people survive.

Are you good or bad?

@Gothix
    healers arent evil because they dont dictate what the person does.

• This post is deleted!

I disagree.

If someone knowingly enables another to commit a crime, he is automatically an accomplice.
    Knowingly healing an evil person, knowing he will continue to kill innocents, makes you an accomplice in premeditated murder.
    Stopping an accomplice is a good act, same as stopping a murderer itself.

Thus, you are not evil, you are smart, and just.

@Gothix you got the mindset of a a zealot paladin knight, doing evil acts for the end goal is good, till eventually , you are so corrupted by your own chain of thoughts you can no longer distinguish between right and wrong.

@Gothix said in Psychometrics to establish natural fit:

I disagree.

If someone knowingly enables another to commit a crime, he is automatically an accomplice.
    Knowingly healing an evil person, knowing he will continue to kill innocents, makes you an accomplice in premeditated murder.
    Stopping an accomplice is a good act, same as stopping a murderer itself.

Thus, you are not evil, you are smart, and just.

But I thought those healers were stupid so they did not understand what they are doing. Now you have two different scenarios here. 🤔

But if we talk generally about accomplice in present irl, you can of course stop someone to do a criminal act, but that does not mean it is acceptable to kill someone. Unless you are protecting yourself or someone else in that situation. Then it can be self-protection if you are not overreacting. If you kill someone just in case because he will most likely kill again (you can not judge someone from something he has not done yet.. well in Minority Report you can..), you are committing a manslaughter even your intensions are good. If we go back for middle ages and feudal societies, back then the rules have been quite different and different people had different rights.

If we think games and especially Fractured. This is very easy to settle. Those who assist (heals for example) other player who then kills someone else, are also taking the same penalty as the evil player killer. Karma loss and flagged as murderers in planet Syndesia. Basic assist rules..

@Gothix

so a doctor that helps someone that then kills makes the doctor an accomplice?

• This post is deleted!

@Jetah said in Psychometrics to establish natural fit:

@Gothix

so a doctor that helps someone that then kills makes the doctor an accomplice?

IF he knows that he is healing a serial killer that will kill more, then yes. He enabled that person to kill more, so it is as if he killed this persons future victims himself.

If he doesn't know who is the man he is healing that of course, not.

Lets say everyone knew how Jack the Ripper looks like, and everyone knew that he killed many people, and that he will kill more and more, which continually happened.

Lets say something happened to Jack the ripped and he was bleeding, about to die, and healer came and saved his life and let him go.

That healer is an accomplice and 100% at fault for murder of any of Rippers future victims.

• This post is deleted!

Ah! I popped by and saw the posts here yesterday ( I’ve had my folks staying for two weeks so not been on much) and went away thinking about the Hippocratic oath. Returned today to find my thoughts written for me, 👆haha. This has turned into a very thought-provoking thread, thank you!
    I ended up also straying into Selfish Gene territory and wondering about altruism. I think it probably does exist in the outside world, and that there are some people who genuinely help others when it can represent no tangible gain to themselves. It will be interesting to see whether it can exist within our Fractured microcosm, although it would probably not be measurable because genuine altruists would probably stay quiet about their actions 🙂

@Gothix

medical field doesn't care. they aren't responsible for what you do. they're here to caretake hurt individuals not dictate who is healed based on a future that hasn't happened.

Something being an oath or the law doesn't mean its not wrong, or that parts of it aren't stupid.

I tell you this... go ahead and knowingly heal the serial killer that has no intention to stop killing, and wait until he kills a man, who worked hard his whole life to feed his family... then come to grieving child and explain how it is not important that you knew that this killer will likely continue killing, but that you are a healer and you have an oath to heal.

Look at that grieving family in eyes and tell them that.

Helping bad people, enabling them to do more bad things is not only wrong, but is stupid as hell, and it makes you accomplice in their bad actions, regardless of how hard you want to find an excuse that this is not so.

In my eyes it is, and will always be. You personally hold responsibility for that child fathers death.

Again, I repeat, this is not the case in scenario where you do not know. But it certainly is when you knowingly do that.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

"As you answered your question, it seems you have affinity to the beastmen race. Chose between thoses options on which subrace do you want to incarnate :"

-Tiger
    -Wolf
    -Bear
    -Hart
    -F..k dat s..t i'll be an owl <=

"As you wish, then begins the incarnation!!!"

Me : happy owl noises

• This post is deleted!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured