End-Game content

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Specter said in End-Game content:

@Goemoe Fractured will have PvE content like dungeons, world bosses, recurring PvE events, etc. Arboreus is mostly a PvE planet specifically for PvE players, and won't be any worse than the other planets. That means you don't have to go to a PvP planet to obtain "endgame" items.

unless those best items were crafted by the Demons! \o/

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Specter said in End-Game content:

@Goemoe Fractured will have PvE content like dungeons, world bosses, recurring PvE events, etc. Arboreus is mostly a PvE planet specifically for PvE players, and won't be any worse than the other planets. That means you don't have to go to a PvP planet to obtain "endgame" items.

When I play current PvE in MMOs I do dungeons and world bosses to perhaps be lucky when looting their corpses. In a game with only one tier of equipment, I wonder what motiviation will keep me doing that stuff. It is the risk vs. reward spiral which has to be done right. If Fractured only keeps me doing it to constantly replace my ever degrading gear, 'grind' is back to its fullest.

Occasional 'events' (perhaps like those done in GW2?), no quests, no equipment motivation and the ever repeating craft-use-replace-circles sound pretting boring after the first months of constant exploration.

I play MMOs for 20 years now, mostly PvE content and for me Fractured sounds to shallow on the PvE part of the game. It is survival but not much, it has dungeons but lacks the motivation to do them often, (same for Bosses) it offers no quests and I doubt a compelling lore part will find its way to the game. It has crafting and gathering but you have to do it to stay on line, it is nothing really optional or you constantly have to pay to equip and eat.

The PvE part has lots of PvE fragments of PvE games but no single part of it done fully. As well as the survival fragment. Leveling and constantly looking for new equipment is a key part of PvE. Though it is not a suitable content for any full loot PvP game. This game is for friends of the full loot PvP game and offers nice tidbits of PvE amusement, but not enough for real PvE friends. Which is nothing wrong but the reason for me to leave.

No game for me, as I am fond of MMORPG PvE content.

Much luck and success with the game!

@Goemoe I understand your concern related to PvE content. In sandbox games life skills have a bigger role what it comes to PvE, but usually there is nothing special besides some dungeons or world bosses, because the focus is in PvP content. However, Fractured has new kind of approach and they are planning to cater PvE centric players as well. Otherwise there would not be Arboreus at first place. Thats is why devs needs to bet on PvE content more than normally in sandbox games.

Dungeons and world bosses needs to be what players wants and needs to repeat and not just run through once. How Fractured will do that? I am not sure either. What players can get from dungeon that they feel progressing or achieving something?

Actually I have not heard any mention of raids, but imo Fractured needs harder PvE content on top of dungeons.

@Goemoe said in End-Game content:

This game is for friends of the full loot PvP game and offers nice tidbits of PvE amusement, but not enough for real PvE friends. Which is nothing wrong but the reason for me to leave. No game for me, as I am fond of MMORPG PvE content. Much luck and success with the game!

Well there might be something what devs have not revealed yet, so I would say you should still follow the progression. I am a little bit concerned too, but because Fractured is meant to cater PvE centric players as well, there might be something interesting under development and/or something what we just do not know yet. Still you pointed out valid concern and I hope we will get answers in near future.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured