Crafted Items / Unidentified Items

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Tuoni remember, this is a full loot MMO, where gear will easily be lost.

This can only work if gear is easy to obtain, or people would end up running around naked all the time.

@Gothix said in Crafted Items / Unidentified Items:

@Tuoni remember, this is a full loot MMO, where gear will easily be lost.

This can only work if gear is easy to obtain, or people would end up running around naked all the time.

Albion Online has quality, tier, enchant and artifact system in gear crafting.. And last time I saw it was a full loot MMO where people ain't running naked all the time.. 🤔 Sooo any better arguments?

Anyone remember Vanguard: Saga of Heroes' crafting system? I think it was one of the best I've seen in an MMO.

@Pwnstar said in Crafted Items / Unidentified Items:

Anyone remember Vanguard: Saga of Hero's crafting system? I think it was one of the best I've seen in an MMO.

I have not played Vanguard, but could you tell us how it was a good system? I am kind of interested. 😉

In Albion the crafting was partly good and partly awful. Those tiers, enchants and artifacts worked pretty well, and quality part would be better if not based so much on RNG. One big problems was very grindy and mass productive progession, which made invidual crafters kind of hard to shine when compared to guilds shared alts. If the crafting in Fractured will be based on mass production, because fast and easy crafting, it causes economical problems as well. Existence of too many items at the same time can easily overflood the markets and make crafting pointless non-profitable activity. Some help for this kind of situation can be get from itemsink mechanics of course, but still the root problem is there.

I understand @Gothix point, that gears can not be too hard to craft or otherwise people are starting afraid to loose their equipment. That will have negative impact for open world activities and PvP, and we do not want that. One option is to keep lower tier gear easy to craft and maybe even average tier relatively easy, so it won't be too hard to replace lost gear. That is why I don't see a problem to also have higher tier gear, which needs more effort and more complex crafting. Maybe some people uses their best gear in more safe situations like PvE related stuff or PvP group content. Most badass people will run anyway with their best gear even it can be really risky. And even there would be tier levels on gears, who said those gaps needs to be high? So better gear can give you some advantage, but does not have to be overpowered against lower tier weares. That way there is still room for skill and crafters have more enjoyable system to live with.

I have this one cliché tip for all.. "Wear what you are afford to loose" and you will be just fine.

@Tuoni

It's better to show you rather than tell you:

• This post is deleted!

@Pwnstar Well it was something.. Most of I liked was that working order, so you can actually craft items to other people you don't know without fear that either one can be scammed. I am pretty sure that we are not going to see as much complexity what in this videos, but I hope we will see some after low and average level crafting. I am not sure, but it looked like there was quite a lot RNG elements in that crafting, which is not system I personally like to see. With complexity I mean recipes, multiple resources needed, variety of tools and general assistant ingredients. In Vanguard it looked like they had those parts covered, but the process itself did not wake up my interest. Anyhow, there was good features what could be borrowed for sure.

@Tuoni

There was a lot of RNG but it could be controlled with items and skills and strategy. So in a sense there wasn't much RNG if you knew what you were doing.

@Pwnstar
    i like the work order list, but i'm assuming that was for crafting dailies or similar. it would be amazing to have that for request for players. The player heads to your shop, chats with the NPC on the order they want, deposit the materials; if any, then the item is made when the shop owner is online. Since the player put the order in they can remove it after 6-24 hours, incase the shop owner is offline for an extended time.

@Jetah

Correct, it was for dailies.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Neat idea i like the name part would be interesting seems like some people have their own thoughts on it but in any way would be cool

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured