Suggesteering

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Since most if not all players like the lore behind rpg's (those of you for lore-less fps, scram! >3<), how about making a system where player's actions actually change future "history" or content? Like if theres a united front, of say so and so top guilds or nations or whatnot, it gets written down and developed after? Well what I mean to say, using GW2 as an example, kinda like if those quests we do in real time STAYS done. And then the next quest or content (if the situation is a big change) follows based on the success or failure (>>) of said quest. Secondly, or more importantly, independent player initiated or player driven actions have similar results. Welp, its just my tibit here, something I've actually been keeping to myself (dissatisfaction) with other mmo's I've gone after. It might not be feasible considering the size of the development team though ><.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@treant hm this is very interesting! I wonder if the devs will consider this

• TF#5 - LEGATE

EVE currently incorporates live player events into the unfolding lore of it's universe and Chronicles of Elyria has stated they tend to do so as well, so it's certainly not unprecedented. I'm interested in the idea and would definitely do my part to participate should that direction be taken here as well.

I think it would really come down to developing patch-content post launch based on how we play, but it would also be interesting to utilize actions during alpha/beta testing to tweak the story in ways that don't require additional coding or mechanics.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@treant said in Suggesteering:

Since most if not all players like the lore behind rpg's (those of you for lore-less fps, scram! >3<), how about making a system where player's actions actually change future "history" or content? Like if theres a united front, of say so and so top guilds or nations or whatnot, it gets written down and developed after? Well what I mean to say, using GW2 as an example, kinda like if those quests we do in real time STAYS done. And then the next quest or content (if the situation is a big change) follows based on the success or failure (>>) of said quest. Secondly, or more importantly, independent player initiated or player driven actions have similar results. Welp, its just my tibit here, something I've actually been keeping to myself (dissatisfaction) with other mmo's I've gone after. It might not be feasible considering the size of the development team though ><.

This is interesting indeed but to change the content you receive bassed on what you do is harder than it sounds. They base it on your character and what could happen to it. Example- kill innocent's periodically receive negative skill points to your skill tree for X amount of hours. So instead of leveling up its making you level down as punishment.

Anyways the point being that changing or altering a your very own story line is hard to do and takes constant monitoring from the devs. At this point of the game there is not enough of them to have at least a 3 man team just keep that on point all day and night 😀

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Thats what I meant about the size of the team. If it's really small, it'll be hard to implement it. Unless they can put a sorta like "future-anticipated-storyline" sort of thing into present patches. What I mean is that there can be choices in the middle of lore-changing quests and depending on the choices made the dialog and target may change. I know that devs keep logs of players (for those of you who are reported for naughty thing >>), so if they can compile it into a survey system, they just need to check up on which choices hit the most (or if there are some which are about even), then change future events accordingly (as like which armies or countries or worlds, in this sense, win and get territories or something). Well, in the end, its still a big strain on the manpower factor here so it might not be feasible even with a choice-survey-system.

P.S. making up terms here xD

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured