Discovering that project, got some questions.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hi everyone.
    First, let me introduce myself :
    I am a 23 year old computer student, French, and fond of tabletop RPG (and judging by some of mechanics and lore elements, I might not be the only one^), and videogames that relies on player interaction and dynamic story building (by those Players).

I just stumbled upon that site during a little insomnia, and I think I might get interested.

After having read, i have some (well, mostly one) questions :

I see that the world is to be dynamic, but how much dynamic ? Will the players be only able to take control or a town, or to totally destroy it (or build it), for example ?
    I ask that question because in some existing games, you can alter the properties of some game areas, but you can't truly change that area (for example, no amount of player action will make a volcano appear where there was'nt one before).
    Is there currently info on whether or not that kind of world alteration will be doable in Fractured ?

Thanks, and sorry if the info is already here and I just missed it ¨.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Welcome Frenchie!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vannten welcome aboard new friend :hugging:

As far as I know the weather will inluence the planets something like for us but hard to say how it will be cause it's just a concept. Basically should influence everything from agricolture to animal migrations and so. About city building we'll get more info with the next spotlight. For sure we'll be able to build a settlement. Everywhere? Nope, somewhere they said it not going to happen. Can we siege cities? Yes but only on Syndesia (1 planet of 3). Dunno about preset cities management (but I hope something different than AO). Anyway we are supposed to burn trees or frozen a river. Keep in mind that we havent the game yet so everything is just a concept.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hello VannTen!

LG
    Mata

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@vannten Welcome. Here is all the information you may need

Review sections, what's what:
    News & Announcements - this information on the forum about the news, they can also be viewed on the official website in the "news" section"
    Development Updates - short reviews of game development, not advertised on the official website
    Welcome to Fractured - here greet new arrivals
    General Discussions - here we publish the ideas of the players (you can get a reward in the form of points Fund)
    Questions & Answers - in principle, questions are asked, which try to answer as quickly as possible
    Guild Recruitment - information about the existing guilds
    Non-English Discussions - appeal of users to their language community
    Off Topic - there is information about opportunities forum, theme with daily task and many

Also, if you posted a topic in the wrong section, you can write a moder with a request that it be rescheduled. In addition, you can ask him to remove your deleted post ( to make it disappear from the public, as there are comments and the link to the post).
    Pss, I have in profile there is interesting information

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@VannTen Salutations 🙂 Pour ce qui est de l'environnement dynamique, comme l'a dit Finland, il nous est possible d'interagir avec le décor environnant avec nos sorts (si tu es sur Arboreus, fais attention à ne pas démarrer un feu de forêt). Pour les villes, on a pas encore énormément d'infos dessus, mais le prochain Spotlight devrait être dessus, normalement. Ce qu'on sait, c'est que les démons pourront faire les sièges des villes sur Syndesia lors des éclipses (ils peuvent aussi le faire en dehors des éclipses, mais ce sera plus compliqué), mais après, si on peut prendre le contrôle d'une ville ou quoi, on ne sait pas encore. Après, je doute qu'on puisse faire apparaître un volcan quelque part (ou alors un tout petit), ça doit demander une quantité d'énergie phénoménale ^^

• Community Manager

@finland Cities on Tartaros can be besieged as well. 😉

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Thanks for your answers.

So, if I summarize, players will probably not be able to permanently modify the world at a macro scale.

I thought about another question meantime :
    From what I understand, the game world will be divided between the three planets per gameplay preference : more PVE-oriented, balanced, and more PVP-oriented.
    So here is my (second) question : what are the dev plans (if any have been revealed yet, and I guess they have'nt, but sometimes I miss something while searching) for the game world narrative ?
    Will global unique PVE events influence it somehow ? Will it be more playen-driven (typical example that comes to mind is EVE online) ? A mix of both ?.
    I feel that this is one of the key points in modern MMO, where does the story come from.

I guess I should wait and see for that, but if anyone has pointers on that, let me know :).

P.S. : Also, something that itches me since I discovered that forum : why is there a Daily post thread, solely for the purpose of gaining points, that is allowed to exists by the mods ? If the point of the daily post is to make people come to the forums each day, won't it be more logical to do it with connections ? What is the added value of that thread ?
    P.P.S : Sorry if I sound a little harsh about this, but on many forums where I read stuff that kind of things is strongly discouraged, so I was a little surprised to see this here.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Welcome to the party!

• Community Manager

@vannten

P.S. : Also, something that itches me since I discovered that forum : why is there a Daily post thread, solely for the purpose of gaining points, that is allowed to exists by the mods ? If the point of the daily post is to make people come to the forums each day, won't it be more logical to do it with connections ? What is the added value of that thread ?

The daily post thread gives members a quick way to complete the daily. Without it, we would just see more spam elsewhere. We understand that it doesn't add much value, which is why we introduced the drawings. The daily post quest just exists to encourage members to check the website every day.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vannten said in Discovering that project, got some questions.:

So here is my (second) question : what are the dev plans (if any have been revealed yet, and I guess they have'nt, but sometimes I miss something while searching) for the game world narrative ?

It's a sandbox so you will not find a quest story line. The only lore we have is the story behind the creation of the three planets and maybe the lore behind the divine quests.

Will global unique PVE events influence it somehow ?

It would be intresting.

Will it be more playen-driven (typical example that comes to mind is EVE online) ? A mix of both ?

Players drive the economy.

Not everyone care to talk about the game or discuss new ideas with the community. Most of users are here just to get the a pre-alpha key so they just spam daily in that thread. It's nice to see new comers like you active on the forum 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@specter said in Discovering that project, got some questions.:

@finland Cities on Tartaros can be besieged as well. 😉

Nice to hear that but I doubt I will siege on Tartaros :P. Anyway I heard months ago that siege weapons were exclusive to humans only. That's why I thought the sieges were only possible on Syndesia.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Hello everyone. is it somewhere video of gameplay?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@puhoviktm The only video we have of the game, they are in the Spotlight of spells. Nothing else 😕

• TF#10 - CONSUL

A new spotlight (Number #14) is coming!

0_1524257560369_img.png

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Welcome to the community

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@specter said in Discovering that project, got some questions.:

@vannten

The daily post thread gives members a quick way to complete the daily. Without it, we would just see more spam elsewhere. We understand that it doesn't add much value, which is why we introduced the drawings. The daily post quest just exists to encourage members to check the website every day.

For me, it gets used only on days when I feel like I have nothing to contribute to a cushion or if I'm tight on time. I try to avoid it, but it's nice to still get the points on those days.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Welcome to the community!

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Bienvenue à la communauté

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured