The game needs to tell the player a lot more about how it works

• Just started playing and having a blast. However I see there are a few things that aren't obvious enough for new players that constantly get asked about in help chat.

Stuff like stack splitting and how stats work should be told to the player somewhere in game.

Also wish for a more detailed stats panel that could show stuff like accuracy, willpower and fortitude as well as some way to estimate hit chances for stuff. Abilities should say whether they use acc vs evasion check or always hit.

A total and description for luck would be nice as well.

Same thing with total armor and resists, estimated mitigation, and so on.

• @Tahj

Some of this stuff is in game currently. For example, you can scroll the right side of your character window and see all of those stats you mentioned (and more).

Some of the stuff you're asking for really isn't possible to show. Unlike MMOs with levels that dictate things like hit chance, it's all based on your stats compared to whatever you're fighting and there isn't even a clear progression/increase in stats as monsters increase in Challenge Rating.

I do think you have some valid points that more information could be included. For now the wiki Fractured Wiki has tons of information, formulas (for thinks like evasion and accuracy), and in general, just lots of good info.

• Also, the official Discord is a good place to get help, ask questions, and so on. (link at the bottom of https://fracturedmmo.com/

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I agree. It's the most frustrating part of the game so far. Wiki is alright, but incomplete. I find myself needing to constantly ask questions in /help to find out simple things like what is an alchemical oil.

• @kehmesis said in The game needs to tell the player a lot more about how it works:

I agree. It's the most frustrating part of the game so far. Wiki is alright, but incomplete. I find myself needing to constantly ask questions in /help to find out simple things like what is an alchemical oil.

Make sure you are using this wiki https://fractured.wiki.gg/ (Alchemy and alchemical oils are on it). I believe it's 1 patch behind and gets updates regularly. The fandom wiki is the old version and is horribly out of date. Only use the wiki.gg version.

• When I want to add points to attributes it disconnects the server and does not add points

@Yalah It has been updated to the last patch.

• @Yalah

I know skill checks depend on the stats of the attacker and the defender. I think it would be helpful to show players in game estimative chances for everything based on some default values of what players could expect their target to have.

For example showing chances to inflict statuses (including the list of them in a tooltip or something) against a target with a typically low amount of willpower/fortitude and the same against medium or high amounts that we could expect other players/monsters to have. Stuff like that would be incredibly helpful to see at a quick glance how your character build is doing in a vacuum. And then you can ask other players how much they actually have and get an idea of how well you do against that currently. It would allow more control and an easier time making changes with builds.

That kind of stuff is important for player retention too, as not everyone wants to or will open the wiki when just starting in order to understand the basic mechanics of how the game works. I think it would help the game do well.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Yalah said in The game needs to tell the player a lot more about how it works:

@kehmesis said in The game needs to tell the player a lot more about how it works:

Make sure you are using this wiki https://fractured.wiki.gg/ (Alchemy and alchemical oils are on it). I believe it's 1 patch behind and gets updates regularly. The fandom wiki is the old version and is horribly out of date. Only use the wiki.gg version.

Ohhh, I was definitely using the wrong one. Thanks!

• @Tahj Yar, some kinda of advanced tootips option that showed all the detail might be a good idea.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Tahj Join a guild. Ive see you around The Shire often and have even tried talking to you in local on numerous occasions to add you to our guild.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured