PvE & PvP Balancing Feedback Thread

• 微信图片_20220918022315.jpg
    微信图片_20220918022310.jpg
    🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

-Archers really have to be boosted, (not magic archers), i mean "LongBow's archers", i want to be a real archer, not a magic one. We need more skills ("Ranged", Not "Spell Channeling skills"), to make Archers viable and fun, like; "Stun Shot" "Triple Shot" "Bleeding Arrow" "Evasive Shot", more type of "Traps", useful buff like old "Frenzy", "Ultimate Evasion" (maybe can get a buff of evasion for a "X" secs), some movement skill "evasive jump" "Trickster jump", maybe in a some skills, changes like; "Hunter Mark", i would that skill can mark an objetive and and buff us with extra dmg on marked objetive and some mov. speed.

-Of corse, better "Poison" effect, as like better crafting.

-About Archer's equipment (with a bonus set), we don't have "easy" crafting, like mages or a melee class have, in comparation; Hunter's set need "Dragon Soul", hard to get it, Ranger's set "Seer Stone", the same, hard to get it, hav to farm Dragons and Giants... not spiders or some easy mob. I think this is ok, but feel unbalanced things against other types of armors.

Right now, i feel the archer soo bad and poor... but i like to be archer 😞

• Content Creator

There is a few problems with this however.

1. Any thing you give to enhance archers will be available to enhance magic archers as well, as you can freely mix and max skills in this game and it wouldn't make sense to lock archery skills just to longbows, as short bows can realistically do most things a longbowman can do (and would be better at things like stealth/evasion as shortbows are less cumbersome)

2. Better poison would affect other poison users, and poison was broken before, so they had to tone it down. They may have gone too far, and need to rebalance a little, but it wouldn't just affect archery.

3. As to the items needed for your t2 armor, Dragon Souls are much more common on Arborea, where they have more varieties of dragons, so Dragon Souls are going to become more common. Seer Stones come from Giants, specifically, Jotun drop them, and Jotun can be fairly easily beaten, especially by archers kiting in t1 equipment. That means that's not too difficult. Archers absolutely rule against Ogres, which drop the main ingredient for good Melee armor like Battlemage.

Movement abilities are going to be a massive tick for many builds, as well.

For the most part, Archers are okay, and magic archers actually practically slaughter in several situations. Choosing to use a longbow does lock you out of several options, but that's the tradeoff for using a longbow.

As I said elsewhere, the problem here lies with strike wounds.
    That skill is the main damage source for both bows and also causes problems for the balance between melee builds. That skill makes it so that your weapon damage is secondary.

The fact that a longbow has an higher damage than a shortbow doesn't really count, because the damage does not come from there. For melee builds too, it is all about the attack speed, to be able to deliver as many strike wounds as possible.

It also means that the greatest part of damage of any archer or melee is pure damage. This simply cannot work.

IMO that skill has to be changed. It should be based on the base weapon damage and cause extra damage instead of pure damage.

Something like: "Increase your basic weapon damage by 1% for each percentage point of health the target is missing, up to [DEX+PER]*2%"

This would be a very big nerf to that skill, but let's admit it, it is too strong.

Even like this it would still compare favorably to the other skills of that kind like vicious attacks and bloodlust (especially considering that it is always on and without mana cost).

Alternatively make it less automatic. Make it like the other skills with a mana activation cost, a 10 sec duration and a 20 sec cooldown. And it would still be too strong, would need to be increased to 3 memory points.

Some don't want Strike Wounds touched because that skill is the whole reason that some dex based builds can work. The correct fix here though is to first address Strike Wounds, and then increase the base multipliers of weapons. This would make it so that skill which increase your basic damage have again a value. Skills that decrease the opponent armor too.

In short, please remove that crutch!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@spoletta said in PvE & PvP Balancing Feedback Thread:

As I said elsewhere, the problem here lies with strike wounds.
    That skill is the main damage source for both bows and also causes problems for the balance between melee builds. That skill makes it so that your weapon damage is secondary.

The fact that a longbow has an higher damage than a shortbow doesn't really count, because the damage does not come from there. For melee builds too, it is all about the attack speed, to be able to deliver as many strike wounds as possible.

It also means that the greatest part of damage of any archer or melee is pure damage. This simply cannot work.

IMO that skill has to be changed. It should be based on the base weapon damage and cause extra damage instead of pure damage.

Something like: "Increase your basic weapon damage by 1% for each percentage point of health the target is missing, up to [DEX+PER]*2%"

This would be a very big nerf to that skill, but let's admit it, it is too strong.

Even like this it would still compare favorably to the other skills of that kind like vicious attacks and bloodlust (especially considering that it is always on and without mana cost).

Alternatively make it less automatic. Make it like the other skills with a mana activation cost, a 10 sec duration and a 20 sec cooldown. And it would still be too strong, would need to be increased to 3 memory points.

Some don't want Strike Wounds touched because that skill is the whole reason that some dex based builds can work. The correct fix here though is to first address Strike Wounds, and then increase the base multipliers of weapons. This would make it so that skill which increase your basic damage have again a value. Skills that decrease the opponent armor too.

In short, please remove that crutch!

I would change it to be light weapon only.

• I have been playing unarmed since a week before the EA launch and I feel that it is really under powered. Here are the negatives:

• Low dps even with max dexterity. The attack speed for unarmed is too low or the damage numbers need to be increased.
    • You are forced to invest into INT to be able to do some damage and get the required mana regen.
    • Very few abilities compatible with unarmed. No frenzy to increase attack speed. You basically become a hybrid mage.
    • The point distribution on unarmed is hard as you need the health from CON and STR to be able to survive. Pair this with INT and it becomes hard balancing act. I don't want to carry a shield in my off hand to make me more survivable(Playing unarmed to be unarmed). We need more abilities in DEX that are useable for DEX builds.
    • None of the crafted gear seems to be ideal for unarmed.
    • Even in the talent tree you are gimped compared to melee STR. I feel DEX melee builds(Not Rogue or Archer) are at a disadvantage in general. In the talent tree as unarmed you have to spend more points to get into the unarmed tree. Then you have to heavily invest into evade so you take less damage. This however fails you when taking on harder mobs. What I am getting at is you should get more reward for investing in unarmed. In the final tree point why not give us higher attack speed or greater evasion past the cap or even a body block chance increase to make us survive more. The bash is nice.
    • Another issue is you have to use skills that toggle e.g Cloak of Frost, with the frost fist effect and magical abilities with that. This consumes a lot of mana and requires you to invest into the the mage tree to get regen. These toggle skills mana requirements need to be reduced especially if it is used for close range. Same applies for the close range spells with a low area range.

I was stubborn and kept going with unarmed and found a balance, however most of the content takes long to kill due to the lack of damage. I found frost in general to be nice for unarmed during team fights and lightning for solo content. However I don't want to be a mage. I know that martial arts is planned, but please give our fists some damage boost in the meantime.

• Content Creator

@Domoran traditionally, unarmed is an underpowered build. That's one of the tradeoffs for the playstyle.

Also, in a equipment dependant game, where the biggest power gain is equipment based, you would doubly expect unarmed to be gimped.

Finally, as with Bard, Summoner, and a few other builds, the focused skills for those aren't implemented yet really. You should see improvement, but not parity once more of the Martial Arts school is released into the game.

All builds have never been equal in any game. FO allows a blending of builds to shore up some weaknesses, but that doesn't change the fact that certain builds are bound to out-perform others in games.

All builds in FO for instance need INT or CHA for the mana and mana regen because every build uses mana-powered skills.

Most builds us either Dex for evasion or Con for resistances and Health.

Most need Str for health regen and carry weight.

There aren't really dump stats in the game, but some builds can dump 1 or 2, that's normal.

• This post is deleted!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured