On the matter of economy (durability, masteries, gear drops, imbuing)

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@GamerSeuss said in On the matter of economy (durability, masteries, gear drops, imbuing):

@Tuoni

1. They aren't going to scale back material availability. That is a big part of exploration.
    2. This means that if, when you salvage an item, you get even 1 Material back from said item, you've added 1 more material use into the game, thus adding to the Material glut. You would have to scale back materials gathered in the wild and as I said in point 1, they aren't going to do that. (Not likely)
      Right now, a material sink for the game is people making lots of lesser items and then trashing them, just to get mastery. You remove this sink by giving some of the materials back. Or rather, you scale this sink back heavily, as now items get recycled into the system.

Scale back material availabilty... what the heck you are talking about. 😅

Let me tell you how a simplified salvage system works. For example, you get 25% materials back from an item when it is salvaged. If a wooden club requires 4 planks to craft you will get 1 plank back. This is still of course easy because there is an even number of resources, and if we have 100% durability item in question.

However, in advanced system.. Lower durability can affect to the return rate by scaling it down. Additionally, the system can be build so that it takes account items salvaged before (or at the same time) and returns uneven materials later. Or it can use rng (which is easier) with uneven resources, for example, if a staff needs 4 planks and 1 crystal to craft, it will return with that 25% return rate: 1 plank and has a 25% chance to return 1 crystal.

And I want to point out that this was just an example of a salvage system, but it shows how easy it is to implement systems which removes resources and items from the game.

IF there will be deeper progression system in crafting then items could be used / sacrificed as research to progress in a specific crafting path. For example you could get a little bit extra exp in woodrn club path when sacrificing wooden clubs as research.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured