Master Crafters not Recipe Junkies

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Ulfnaor said in Master Crafters not Recipe Junkies:

@Tuoni Comparing this current economy with Albion's economy is laughable. First, Albion's crafting system has a multi-tier system of specialization where one not only becomes a master blacksmith but a master plate armor and then a master "chestplate" maker. Our system does not have that. Moreover, Albion's economy benefits from gear destruction. We don't. At most, we have an extremely forgiving durability system.

If you want an economy that works, you need to have at least an equal amount of resources spent vs. resources coming in. We are far, far, far away from that. Not only are we tremendously far away from that point but most of you are arguing for even easier mechanics. No gear break! More durability! We should all be masters of everything!

The current crafting system is a barebones system that you seem to want to defend at all costs. Are "dropped recipes" a good idea? It's a bandaid, an easy-to-implement idea to supplement a very basic system. The fact of the matter is that the current system, outside of enchanting, is really easy to master. You want to talk Albion? Getting to Master in Fractured takes about one hundredth of the resources (comparatively speaking) it takes to go 100/100 for a given weapon/piece of gear on Albion, if not less.

I have not defended the current system (and not sure if anyone has here) so apparently you have not even read the posts. And again with Albion reference you missed the point. I did not compare Albion's system what we currently have here, I used Albion as an example that a specialization system is totally doable even everyone has a possibility to craft everything. Obviously Fractured crafting system is just bare bones and it needs further development. I agree that current recipe system feels like bandaid and something pushed fast into the game so people would have at least something to do, and against that system many here seams to be protesting.

Autumn 2022

"Be prepared, Tartaros brings fear and despair with the fearsome Demons, but you may also expect religion and another expansion of the crafting system! More languages and new tech updates will also be available."

This information gives at least some hopium of better future. šŸ˜‰

• Even though my luck with them was terrible, I do like the recipe system.
    Makes items rarer and harder to get .. for the first few weeks of the game anyway.

10 more days and most will be 5k.

It slows down people getting super gear right of the bad which is fine

@Contucky
    Thatā€™s just it, I donā€™t think folks should be able to get recipes for a sum of money. Recipes should always be earned. Let each player decide which item they ultimately wish to craft and work in that direction. Along the way they must attempt to ā€œlearnā€ a recipe; I described how in an earlier post in this thread. So instead of killing mobs they are crafting for the percentage chance at learning the desired recipe. You end up with most of the same qualities that you like about the current system but with a great deal more benefits to crafters.

In my honest opinion, at the moment, true crafters are getting screwed. They are required to go out and fight endless mobs or pay crazy sums of money to obtain recipes that they, by all reason and rights, should be able to learn by crafting or studying.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

No, this does not make Master Crafters mean something

Crafters are crafters, if someone wants to adventure. Good for them.

The way recipes drop is the dumbest thing I've seen in over 20 years of gaming.

Recipes should be readily available, special recipes should drop from certain mobs

This idiot crap of starving crafters of recipes SUCKS!

This person is obviously an anti-crafter troll

• @StormBug I do like that idea ("crafting for a recipe" ) for recipe acquisition and agree it makes a lot more sense. We could keep a few "rare" (future set items, 'unique' items, etc.) recipes for rare chests (master and legendary locks?) at a low drop rate, making those truly rare and exotic.

I apologize if I misinterpreted your previous post. It wasn't done out of malice.

@Tuoni The issue with that "watch out for Autumn patch" is that it's also supposed to be when the game goes full launch; meaning we'll be given an untested system right prior to launch or on launch. Unless launch date has moved?

@Ulfnaor No need to apologize, but I do appreciate it. It can be a bit tricky to discuss things here on the forums, as nuances of speech are easily lost. While you do have strong opinions you never resorted to name calling, unlike another recent poster, and for that I am most grateful.

• @StormBug

In a way I agree perhaps something else would be better--i think they want to avoid being albions copy with unlocking for points

@Ulfnaor According to Roadmap, launch is said to happen Winter 2022 so I guess it is planned about one quarter after the Autumn patch. But I agree it is still short time to test things out.

• @Ulfnaor said in Master Crafters not Recipe Junkies:

@GamerSeuss Everyone being able to do everything doesn't everyone necessarily needs to be able to unlock every recipe and be able to be a master of everything. There are limitations in abilities and talents, for example, and you're not asking for them to be removed. Or maybe you are, who knows.

I have not read this broad mission statement of which you seem to be the chief priest, judging by your other posts, but would love to. In any case, poor game design is still poor game design and people being allowed to master everything (with crafting in its current state) is just a recipe for disaster and makes crafting entirely irrelevant within a few months as there'll be thousands of people with maxed out crafting in everything. It also makes crafting particularly uninspired and merely a mats grind (and this game has an easy one).

@spoletta Is it, though? You need citizens to make towns. This, in itself, has been promoting alts. People move things safely with alts. Alts can be in other towns and make use of better facilities than your main. Alts can also be in other towns to steal their stuff or sabotage their crops while your main is safe with his friends. One can use PvP alts to terrorize a specific region without having to go around and cross an entire map back and forth. Hell, people will most definitely have alts on other planets if other planets ever come. There's plenty, in the game design, that favors alting.

Moreover, the idea behind expanding crafting wouldn't be to favor alts but to favor specializations and cooperation. Yes, some of you will instantly think "well, I'll make an alt and do two or more professions" but that's still more time spent, more resources collected and mobs farmed. Most people cannot do that solo and shouldn't do that solo. If no one specializes, then every town and character is just the same and, while that may seem enticing, it just leads to boredom and every town living in full autarky as no one needs anything. It's the opposite of a living and vibrant game world.

I have a feeling, however, that I'm about to be told that asking people to cooperate or group up, in a MMO, goes against some credo of Fractured.

@Tuoni Comparing this current economy with Albion's economy is laughable. First, Albion's crafting system has a multi-tier system of specialization where one not only becomes a master blacksmith but a master plate armor and then a master "chestplate" maker. Our system does not have that. Moreover, Albion's economy benefits from gear destruction. We don't. At most, we have an extremely forgiving durability system.

If you want an economy that works, you need to have at least an equal amount of resources spent vs. resources coming in. We are far, far, far away from that. Not only are we tremendously far away from that point but most of you are arguing for even easier mechanics. No gear break! More durability! We should all be masters of everything!

The current crafting system is a barebones system that you seem to want to defend at all costs. Are "dropped recipes" a good idea? It's a bandaid, an easy-to-implement idea to supplement a very basic system. The fact of the matter is that the current system, outside of enchanting, is really easy to master. You want to talk Albion? Getting to Master in Fractured takes about one hundredth of the resources (comparatively speaking) it takes to go 100/100 for a given weapon/piece of gear on Albion, if not less.

If the devs implement some restrictions on crafting the solution is just going to be using alts or even another account. Every single game that's limited players based on class and/or crafting just forces players to use alts, that's it. There's a very good reason FFXIV has absolutely demolished WoW, people enjoy only needing one character.

The only players that sort of system restricts are the players who just can't be bothered juggling the harem of alts you'd need to master every crafting skill. What you are talking about is a double redundancy, there is already a time sink on getting the mats to craft, why add another by forcing players to make alts? Even now, there are a plethora of people that use a second account purely for gathering resources since the young status is helpful, I don't think adding in more reasons to make alts is a good thing.

This post is deleted!

• @StormBug Agree, having to find recipes in open world is asinine.
    I like the idea of earning the ability to craft certain recipes through grind.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I like the recipe, but I think the drop percentage should be higher!

**I think this is a good difficulty and the one who goes after the recipes is the one who really wants to craft.

But reinforcement, facilitate the drop!**

Copyright Ā© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured