Issue with ingots/boards as light items

From the preview video, we know that to allow non-citiziens to craft in city crafting stations, ingots and boards are being made into light items.

This makes sense, because you as a non-citizien don't have access to the ingot and board stacks, so you would be unable to provide the materials for the crafting.

This has some unintended consequences though.
    The first and most important one is that you are making trading in these goods much less risky and much faster.
    I don't need a cart to pull them, so I will just be able to run all the way to the next city on my horse at full speed.

This decreases by a lot the possible interactions with bandits. Trading carts possibly being intercepted and stolen is one of the key points of fractured economy.

I would much prefer if all those materials were left as heavy items and we find a different solution for non-citizien crafting.

The easier one would be if the material stacks worked like a bank, with everyone accessing it having a separate storage. Citiziens use a common storage, every one else has a small personal one.

• @spoletta said in Issue with ingots/boards as light items:

I don't need a cart to pull them, so I will just be able to run all the way to the next city on my horse at full speed.

It'll depend on the weight of ingots/boards. I'm not sure you will be able to run at full speed with 30 ingots/boards.

• Content Creator

They could make it to where you load such materials directly from a Cart/Wagon instead of the Piles. Citizens would have the option to use either, non-citizens, the Pile option would be disabled.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured