[Archer] Overview of the Archer

• Wiki Editor

alt text

The Archer, the classic DPS of many game's, but what's its state currently in fractured?

Weapons:
    Currently we have 3 bow types to pick from; these bows will determine most of the skills you'll be able to use.
    if using any Light weapon skills (death mark, shadow walk, ect), + slow/CC skills + heal = Short bow
    if your only planning to use the basic + word of stun + a heal = heavy bow.

As for arrows there is Stone, Bone and Metal; with no damage changes with whatever arrow you use.

-Primitive Long Bow
    alt text

-Short Bow
    alt text

-Long Bow
    alt text

Armor & enchants:
    There is no currently set type of armor for an archer. but many of the archer skills use light armor and medium armor.

Skills:
    There is a few notable archer/bow skills, but many other skills can be used with a bow.

Bow skills:
    Power shot
    d7176acd-2b52-4d2a-913d-1006a877193e-image.png
    Ricochet
    fdb42a0d-313d-4bc8-873e-98658258eb76-image.png
    Double Shot
    f5c3d31a-2c94-4bac-95e8-de35fed0aba7-image.png
    Acid Arrows
    53daf64d-1bb4-4485-a98f-b37ce2eb2b4d-image.png

Other skills that can be used with a bow (Pretty much any skill that says "Any").
    I won't list them mainly because there is plenty, I would suggest looking thought this list:
    https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/13049/spell-list-currently-up-to-date-with-test-a2-4-2c

Stats & Talents:
    Most Archer/bow skills scale with Perception for damage, Dexterity for cooldown.
    I would suggest stacking attack speed and critical as much as possible.

as for talents
    -Good shot I, II, III will give you 56% more damage with range weapons
    -Titan fighter gives 50% more critical damage

good for short bow
    -Skirmisher I, II will give you 32% more damage with light weapons

-Sharpshooter can also help with large packs of mobs, but is not the best when fighting 1 on 1: projectiles have 30% chance to pierce thought multiply enemy's.
    -Inevitable: a good talent for a 100% critical that can also critical getting you crits up over 500

for mana problems - always take Meditation talent's

Closing statement:
    The current Archer is good, and will likely get better with more skills variety just remember. you can do all the DPS in the world, but don't forget your arrows....
    alt text

Things I would like to see added to Archer skills.
    Rain arrows (classic AoE)
    Cone Arrow (a skill like Ice Spike but for archer)
    Elemental Arrow (a much more mana heavy version of the chilling touch, shocking touch skills, Acid Arrow was a good example)
    Smoke arrow (applies invisibility to everyone inside it and until they leave it)
    Wall of fire arrow (lays down a line of fire arrows, adding a dot damage to anyone who walks thought it)

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@maze said

Things I would like to see added to Archer skills.
    Rain arrows (classic AoE)
    Cone Arrow (a skill like Ice Spike but for archer)
    Elemental Arrow (a much more mana heavy version of the chilling touch, shocking touch skills, Acid Arrow was a good example)
    Smoke arrow (applies invisibility to everyone inside it and until they leave it)
    Wall of fire arrow (lays down a line of fire arrows, adding a dot damage to anyone who walks thought it)

I love all these ideas! Props to anyone trying to run an archer as a solo player at this point - seems like it would be the hardest to pull off, but I'm not too experienced in a sandbox setting. I loved my ranger in D&D but always worked with a crew.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured