City Naming

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Will we be able to 'Name" Cities?

Perhaps name it then on next server reboot the map updates with city names on the map?

Options to change it? perhaps cost in game gold to do?

There should certainly be some moderation tied to that.

All kind of people will play this game. 🙂 Expect everything to be seen in city names...

Option:

City name (when founded) defaults to randomly selected name from the list of "dev made" city names.

Cash shop - purchase scroll of city name change

When scroll is used, submission is made to GMs. GMs then approve this name, and at that time city is renamed.
    If GMs refuse city name, submission is canceled, and player has to make another choice and submit a new name.

To not overwhelm GMs with failed re-attempts, after every submission, there is a CD when denied name can be re-tried with a new choice.

• This post is deleted!

I love this idea and we could have the city's names on the map too, big cities appears with less zoom, smaller cities only when you zoom a lot on the map.

About the names, it is really hard to make a filter in my opinion... because some names could conflict with common inappropriate words in it, like:

• BrassShield
    • GrandIckarus
    • DemonsButTheGoodOnes

I am really bad on creativity for this kind of puns, but for sure they could happen with common words too (Brass I imagine to be a common one in the context of the game)

I think we could have a blacklist of names, and every time a GM refuses a new name, it is added to this blacklist so to avoid the "Okay name but has a bad word in the middle" kind of situation

Also, we coud have player reporting city names with a description of why it was reported, then the GMs can approve or not the report and, if it does agree, give a timeframe to the mayor to rename the city, else it is randomly picked from that pre-made list commented before

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured