Small Guild's Sharing a Town

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

What kind of Governance should be in place for smaller guilds sharing a town (Free Town)? Town Council? Super Small Senate, or some kind of King's Moot? I know that smaller guilds will have to share because of limited town space, and that some guilds will be better off sharing a town (like mercs, merchants and supplier guilds. MAYBE EVEN A TOWN WATCH GUILD OML I JUST REALIZED) but what should be in place to make sure the interest of the townies and their guilds interests are being considered. and what's to stop a guild that takes up 2/3rds of the population from setting the town to a guild town? Just interested, thanks. ^.^

• Wiki Editor

@scrimmage said in Small Guild's Sharing a Town:

What kind of Governance should be in place for smaller guilds sharing a town (Free Town)? Town Council? Super Small Senate, or some kind of King's Moot? I know that smaller guilds will have to share because of limited town space, and that some guilds will be better off sharing a town (like mercs, merchants and supplier guilds. MAYBE EVEN A TOWN WATCH GUILD OML I JUST REALIZED) but what should be in place to make sure the interest of the townies and their guilds interests are being considered.

We'll probably see several types of these from Council where everyone has same votes or number of votes based on guild size, resources, whatever. A town watch guild would be pretty cool - I know several mercenary guilds are out there so they may take this up.

and what's to stop a guild that takes up 2/3rds of the population from setting the town to a guild town? Just interested, thanks. ^.^

Absolutely nothing and once it's a guild town only the Governor and Guild Leader (if not the same person) have to approve it changing back to a free town.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

That is a risk and there will be some strategy involved in who you approve to live in your town if you are a free town. You need the people in order to advance your town but there is a risk in losing the town if they vote in someone else in an election. I believe I read that if you are a free town any citizen of the town in good standing can call for a vote on an election. If the vote passes then it goes to an election to vote for a governor.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

A senate with representatives from each guild may work, except many guilds might prefer to go to a town where they could dominate instead of your town. A mercenary guild, for example, would probably prefer a guild town where the Governor is part of their guild. It would give them more of a free reign, and let them get away with illegal behavior.

Also, for the issue where you want to stop your town from becoming a guild town, the only way that I see is becoming an Governor yourself, and trying to be as impartial as possible.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured