Mobs

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

How static will the mobs in this game be? I think it will be interesting to have mobs that level up, mate, hunt, and move around in the world and arent just aleway in the same spot for hunting. wouldnt it be cool if the mobs level up similar to players if they kill certain amount of players or other mobs? that way we dont just have a boss mob that spawns at cetain time interval but we have to wait for a monster to become a boss monster! it would be so much more fun to have some mob mechanics that arent just a set of mobs that spawn at random interval at the same spot! if were not killing anough of certain mobs they could then come into player settlements do things that are bad for players and have to be dealt with

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@althalus No, this will not happen because the players will specifically give themselves to kill 1 monster to make him a boss and collect rare resources

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It is actually quite hard for a single mob to kill certain amount of players, and mobs fighting mobs would make more sense in games where hp lasts longer and encounters are more rare (like monster hunter). Usually in isometric ARPGs this is harder to achieve because people get more sense of battle by slaying mobs quicker than games like monster hunter due to less animation and more static nature of the game. Also, designing well thought out and properly working mobs is not exactly cheap on the developmental cost and really wouldn't make that much of a difference in these types of games sadly. I think there are better areas to focus on before something like this.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I would want the game to focus on the core design principle and not fall victim to feature creep, else we could be stuck in development hell. Programming advance behaviors like reproduction is going to take a ton of development time, and would only be a fringe mechanic at best. As for player settlements coming under attack, that's exactly what demons and eclipses are for!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured