Vassal System

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I used to play Asheron's Call 2. And while it wasn't the perfect MMO, it had some unique concepts that I haven't seen in a game since. Maybe I haven't been playing the right game - so maybe a vassal system does exist.
    What is a Vassal System?
    A player is recruited to a Guild. That player becomes the recruiting player's vassal and passes on XP or something else of value (guild points). From there it scales like a pyramid. So the original player becomes connected to the XP sent up from all those below him in the chain. AC2 added the option of pledging the block of vassals to another person and automatically transferring all those vassals below to the new lord. It incentivized Guilds to be stronger and keep their membership engaged.
    What do you guys think? Seen any games doing this? Would this work in Fracture?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@gamble
    Crowfall has vassals but it's mostly for the player housing. I'm not sure if it'll be used outside of that.

i don't really like pyramid type schemes (this sounds like it if i'm understanding correctly).

It might be used as another feature! It could be setup so that vassals are group leaders within the guild. This could be extended to alliances so that an alliance vassal is a guild leader.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

It's definitely a pyramid scheme. But one that adds some drama as well. If your lord is being unresponsive, you can take your chain of vassals and pledge them to someone else. Or you could have your vassals abandon you for a person that is more engaged. The type of reward would really depend on the game mechanics in place. XP, Currency, Boosts, ect.
    Neverwinter and a few other games have alliance systems. Those allow for greater guild features and guild oriented events. But not the same as a vassal system.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured