[Suggestions] Tournament in Towns + Governor features

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Don't think the developers gave much information on Towns and how they would work out. So, I thought of suggesting a few things.

This is the list I made up for features that people who are Governors of towns should have.
    *Allow to banish people - Meaning not letting them in and or their not allowed there. The person can still try and sneak into the town, but if caught can get killed or arrested.

*Tournaments - I think it'll be a cool feature if towns can host their own tourneys and people can come to watch or take part in it.

*Governor's employees - It'll also be a cool feature if Governors can give people ranks like the guild system. You'll have the top of the line Governor then below them a second in-command or a Vice Governor to help the Governor maintain the town.

*Marketplace - I think the developers already said this in their blogs or something along the lines, but it'll be cool to build like a little marketplace area in your town and have merchants come to sell their items and or have your very own shops open where the Governor can sell the items his or anyone in his guild may put in the shop. Also, players can buy the items and or sell the items in the shops too.

*Laws - I think the developers set this in place already in the blogs, but just to remind them to try and give players who own towns to give them a wide variety of laws to choose.

*Attacking a Town and taking it over - Don't know if it is possible to attack other towns, and then take it over. But, I think you can attack towns and ruin it but not take it over completely. It'll be very cool if you could take over a town and or etc, but please don't let it be like Albion Online where you have GvGs and etc. It's just asking for trouble.

*Guards - I just don't mean players, but maybe if the Governor have good relations and or have the money for it. They can buy AI guards to guard their Town from intruders or trouble makers when the Governor or anyone else who was assign to guard the town isn't online.

*Upgrading the town - Maybe have a feature to upgrade a town or at least expand it instead of just being a small little town.

This is all the suggestions I have at the moment, if anyone else would like to suggest something. Then, feel free.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I hope we see something like this. Maybe political intrigues to change leadership in towns? That would be cool too. Maybe kickstarter plegde should say lifetime governor then 😛

@Prometheus Was does it mean to be governor of a town in Fractured anyway (as mentioned in the kickstarter package)? Is it just a title or can you actually do all the things mentioned above maybe?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Would be nice to see some of those feature added to the game 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

We need more information about politics in general to know what will be required that's for sure.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Especially about the Govenors

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

*Allow to banish people - Meaning not letting them in and or their not allowed there. The person can still try and sneak into the town, but if caught can get killed or arrested.

That should be simple enough to implement. It would be nice if we could ban entire guilds from our cities, as well.

*Tournaments - I think it'll be a cool feature if towns can host their own tourneys and people can come to watch or take part in it.

We already have a thread about arenas and tournaments here, where it's discussed in more depth.

*Governor's employees - It'll also be a cool feature if Governors can give people ranks like the guild system. You'll have the top of the line Governor then below them a second in-command or a Vice Governor to help the Governor maintain the town.

Since cities belong to guilds, having those ranks in the guild that governs the city should be enough. There's no need for two separate ranking systems.

*Marketplace - I think the developers already said this in their blogs or something along the lines, but it'll be cool to build like a little marketplace area in your town and have merchants come to sell their items and or have your very own shops open where the Governor can sell the items his or anyone in his guild may put in the shop. Also, players can buy the items and or sell the items in the shops too.

That's almost certainly confirmed. We know trading will play a huge role in Fractured, and there won't be global auction houses, so local marketplaces are really the only logical step.

*Laws - I think the developers set this in place already in the blogs, but just to remind them to try and give players who own towns to give them a wide variety of laws to choose.

City-specific laws are indeed already confirmed, although it's possible they'll only apply on Syndesia. To quote the Crime Spotlight:

The degree of protection enjoyed by players on Syndesia is location-dependent, and varies according to the laws established by the guild in possession of each town and its surrounding territory.

Tartaros is supposed to be a completely lawless planet, and crime is already heavily prosecuted on all of Arboreus, so there's no need for additional city laws.

*Attacking a Town and taking it over - Don't know if it is possible to attack other towns, and then take it over. But, I think you can attack towns and ruin it but not take it over completely. It'll be very cool if you could take over a town and or etc, but please don't let it be like Albion Online where you have GvGs and etc. It's just asking for trouble.

GvG will definitely be a thing, although not identical to Albion. City conquest will be discussed in the next Spotlight, so we should get some details then.

*Guards - I just don't mean players, but maybe if the Governor have good relations and or have the money for it. They can buy AI guards to guard their Town from intruders or trouble makers when the Governor or anyone else who was assign to guard the town isn't online.

NPC guards are already confirmed:

...At least, being Evil is not enough to get you fully cast out of society. Guards on Syndesia let you enter towns, for instance...

*Upgrading the town - Maybe have a feature to upgrade a town or at least expand it instead of just being a small little town.

Upgrading cities will almost certainly be possible. It hasn't really been discussed in a Spotlight so far, but we've been told some basics:

Buildings, crop fields, etc can be upgraded. Houses can be decorated. Players who decide to manage their own city can determine the layout, where houses and pavement will be and more.

There's a bit more information in Vengu's compilation thread, and hopefully, we'll hear more about this in the upcoming Spotlight.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@sparky said in [Suggestions] Tournament in Towns + Governor features:

Don't think the developers gave much information on Towns and how they would work out. So, I thought of suggesting a few things.

This is the list I made up for features that people who are Governors of towns should have.

• Allow to banish people - Meaning not letting them in and or their not allowed there. The person can still try and sneak into the town, but if caught can get killed or arrested.

• Tournaments - I think it'll be a cool feature if towns can host their own tourneys and people can come to watch or take part in it.

• Governor's employees - It'll also be a cool feature if Governors can give people ranks like the guild system. You'll have the top of the line Governor then below them a second in-command or a Vice Governor to help the Governor maintain the town.

• Marketplace - I think the developers already said this in their blogs or something along the lines, but it'll be cool to build like a little marketplace area in your town and have merchants come to sell their items and or have your very own shops open where the Governor can sell the items his or anyone in his guild may put in the shop. Also, players can buy the items and or sell the items in the shops too.

• Laws - I think the developers set this in place already in the blogs, but just to remind them to try and give players who own towns to give them a wide variety of laws to choose.

• Attacking a Town and taking it over - Don't know if it is possible to attack other towns, and then take it over. But, I think you can attack towns and ruin it but not take it over completely. It'll be very cool if you could take over a town and or etc, but please don't let it be like Albion Online where you have GvGs and etc. It's just asking for trouble.

• Guards - I just don't mean players, but maybe if the Governor have good relations and or have the money for it. They can buy AI guards to guard their Town from intruders or trouble makers when the Governor or anyone else who was assign to guard the town isn't online.

• Upgrading the town - Maybe have a feature to upgrade a town or at least expand it instead of just being a small little town.

This is all the suggestions I have at the moment, if anyone else would like to suggest something. Then, feel free.

putting a space between the astrick and the sentence will format it for you!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured