reverse alignment

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Hello, i want to ask a few questions about the alignment that i can't find myself.

First, when a demon gains karma and its alignment is good, is he a redeemed demon, an angel or is the same? actually is it an angel the same as a demon but with good alignment? or is there a change in the appearance or in his ability? the same goes for a beastman and a abomination

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@azaxco We ourselves do not know anything, but we were told that these tasks will give the gods that will lead the demons to redemption

There are 6 gods.

Elysium, which is thought to be the source of Arboreus’ primal energy.

Tyros, god of light and justice.

Nelena, goddess of the wild and mother of all beastmen.

Babilis, an evil god worshipped by the Demons.

Iridia, goddess of fortune and mother of all humans.

Galvanos, god of knowledge and keeper of the nine paths of magic.

They are briefly mentioned in this spotlight. Some gods are tied to a specific alignment while others are neutral. Worshipping a god grants access to divine quests, blessings and divine abilities, more on that here.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@azaxco

First, when a demon gains karma and its alignment is good, is he a redeemed demon, an angel or is the same?

To became an angel you need to complete the divine quests:
    DIVINE QUESTS
    Divine Quests are missions obtained at shrines and temples that must be completed by anyone who wishes to become the Champion of a God. Fulfilling them triggers changes to your Karma, pushing it towards the Alignment of the God in question.

By becoming the Champion of a God, you are granted a unique blessing in the form of a permanent status effect, plus the chance to use one or more Divine Abilities that don’t have to be memorized. The number and power of said abilities depend on the deity’s favor towards you and how well your current Karma matches the God’s one.

actually is it an angel the same as a demon but with good alignment? or is there a change in the appearance or in his ability?

You get a new skin, attribute modifiers, racial spells. Angels are banned from Tartaros. You may consider an Angel like a Beast.

the same goes for a beastman and a abomination

Yup, the same goes there but it's easier became an abomination than an angel

As far as we know, demons can't be good without turning into an angel. They can become Neutral by traveling to other planets and gaining karma there, but becoming Good is most likely a part of the Divine Quest that turns them into angels. That might change though, since the devs haven't really started working on that part of the game yet, so we don't have a lot of information.

Demons are born with a strongly negative Karma – and they can’t make it better on their home planet. Therefore, as you create a new Demon, you’re restricted to an Evil alignment. When resting on other planets instead, you can gain Karma to the point you can set your character as Neutral too. Eventually, once your Karma is sufficiently high, you can start walking the path that will lead your Demon to reach its Redeemed form – the Angel.

We do know that the appearance and abilities will be different for angels, they'll be a whole separate race. Most likely the same rules apply to abominations.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

thanks! then what difference there is in a redeemed demon and an angel, i don't get it

@azaxco said in reverse alignment:

thanks! then what difference there is in a redeemed demon and an angel, i don't get it

I'm not well aware of this topic, but I think that angels will be able to get good karma for killing demons and hostile players

• Community Manager

@azaxco A redeemed demon becomes an Angel.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Okay, thanks everybody! you can close this topic

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured