Deleting Loot as you get ganked...Bug?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing this all over the discord. Can we get an official from a GM or someone that says "You are absolutely not allowed to delete your loot when you get ganked during anytime of the fight, before or after" -OR- "You can delete your loot whenever the hell you feel like it, before being executed, during a gank fest, at your mama's house, etc".

Seriously, I don't care either way, it's just something people have been whining about constantly on Discord. Let's just get an answer already and be done with it.

• I get the impression the developers don't want it to happen; will likely patch it in the future, but it isn't really an exploit or cheating.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Well truth be told, gankers who just go after someone minding their own business deserve nothing. I happily delete my inventory if it happens and if they take away my ability to do I just won't pick anything up. Punishments for reds isn't nearly severe enough, and quite honestly gankers bring no value to any game and end up just pushing people away. So, any ability to minimize the gain they get is a win win in my book.

• @Esoba said in Deleting Loot as you get ganked...Bug?:

Well truth be told, gankers who just go after someone minding their own business deserve nothing. I happily delete my inventory if it happens and if they take away my ability to do I just won't pick anything up. Punishments for reds isn't nearly severe enough, and quite honestly gankers bring no value to any game and end up just pushing people away. So, any ability to minimize the gain they get is a win win in my book.

I understand this perspective.
    I'm not a ganker, I'm one of the victims. 🙂

That said, the people who get "pushed away" are those that didn't read the box. Reds are an important part of the design of this game. Furthermore, reds provide content for sheriffs and other PvP activity. I don't like getting ganked and having my stuff taken but I do enjoy the drama of visiting Aerhen from time to time. The other day I made it out with a load of Shadium and I felt like I was robbing Ft. Knox.

A person doesn't have to go to Aerhen. Anything available there can be bought in a market (this is intended), and if you need skills you can wear throw away armor, farm goblins, and leave.

It is a PvP game (fighting, resource acquisition, markets, etc) at its core.
    At some point people need to take responsibility for what they purchase.

I'm not a red but I want a few around.

• @Esoba

@Esoba said in Deleting Loot as you get ganked...Bug?:

I hope you don't think I'm being dismissive.

There is an entire science behind minimizing ganker gains that goes beyond deleting inventory. There is a science to learning how to get items out of Aerhen safely. Only wearing stuff you can easily make, knowing what roads to take, knowing when to take those roads, building alliances, setting up forward bases, and being smart about how you move resources. There is some thought that has to be put into the game because the enemy isn't a stupid AI but another human being - dumb human beings, knuckle dragging dullards, but human in the academic sense of the word.

Don't be frustrated.
    Outsmart them.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured