How to make gold?

• I'd like to get a house so I can upgrade my gear; however, in Terra the lizardmen give maybe 15 gold per kill. It would take an age to get the gold I need for a house and taxes. I'm an ice mage - I need a way to get cash.

Any recommendations on:

• How to progress in strength (without a house)
    • Something other than lizard men to get gold?

Not too sure how to get into a bit more money.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Farm knowledge, pick up anything that drops, post it for sale. You'll figure out what sells pretty quick, and you can post 20 (non-VIP) or 40 (VIP) stacks of items per city.

Farming knowledge is basically finding mobs you can kill, getting abilities, and with the new abilities, finding new builds allowing you to kill new mobs.

As a cryo mage, I suspect you could kill most bandits (including the pyromancer, but watch out for the cyromancer). They drop a good amount of gold plus other useful things (including divine rewards). You can find them in the yellow combat areas.

Anything you get from divine rewards will either be gold, or something you can try to sell.

Note that as a mage, you don't need a house or anything beyond primitive gear to farm knowledge solo. I'm not sure how far you can go without gear, but I'm rank 30+ and naked. 🙂 (I consider finding ways to win without gear an interesting challenge.)

• Farming for gold is the obvious thing. Humanoids and magical creatures tend to drop gold.The Groko's you're fighting are the weakest option and drop the least gold. Bandits are considered a notch higher and they should drop 20-25 gold and might be a little easier than Grokos are depending on your build and skill.

After that, the marketplace is a very good place to make gold, but you need to figure out all of the options it has to really benefit from it. To do that, look through the tabs on the left of the market window and figure out what they all do. Looking for Buy Orders and trying to fulfill them is one option. Searching around to see if something worth more or less in certain cities is another.

One thing about the marketplace, be wary about getting scammed. Personally, I wouldn't sell anything for less than 4-5 gold. The higher tier players, that don't want to run around picking bushes or killing low level stuff, will pay that much when they need it. Learning the values of stuff will help you make a lot of money.

• Okay, I didn't know I could post stuff to sell.
    Thanks for the tips.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

If you have cleared the Groko camps, move to Human bandit camps.
    In an hour you can easily make 1-2K gold/hr. Also the loot drops can be sold at the auction house (The Shire town near the Stargate has a very active auction). I would advise that you keep all reagents you collect as you will need them for upgrades later in the game.

If you are early in the game and still inside your 40 hour safe timer, I would suggest you get over to Aehern when someone opens the stargate. Through the stargate near the town of Hangover is the goblin mob area (South west of Hangover town). If you want to progress in the game as a mage you will NEED to complete the knowledge on the goblin shamans as the totem spells are the best in the game for mages. Stay in Aehern until this is completed, collect all new knowledge on plants.

Only move back to Terra (with all your good reagents) when you are near the end of the safe timer.

• @Wargfoot
    Just kill everything you can kill and find ways to do it better.

The orb drop chances for CR2+ monsters are really ok. Just keep at it, sell the orb for 10k or more and buy a house. I have not found a more lucrative routine yet.

https://fractured.wiki.gg/wiki/Divine_Reward

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured