Not enough

• oh yeah, the title says it all ... 😉

After playing a while (since the closed beta started), I thought a lot about the game and what's missing. And there's ONE thing that's really missing. For me. and the following is only my opinion and it's not meant to be an offence in any way.

My opinion is, that EVERYTHING someone does, should be rewarded in one or another way.

Some examples:
    .) Gathering plants/herbs - There should be a knoeledge-"scale" for each plant from 1 to 100 - and with each step, you get better in gathering this specific plant/herb. And maybe you get a bit more yield when reaching 25%, 50% aso. 100% should be reachable only in months. So it should take a really, really long time for us players to be a "master gatherer of Nightshades". For example.

.) Gathering wood - the same like gathering plants/herbs, but by getting better and better, maybe we could get some wood which has better "quality" - for better staffs aso. This would be much more rewarding then the actual "get wood" task. Because ... it's boring and it has absolutely NO long term motivation.

.) Gathering metal - Again the same like the other two. And in the end more yield or being faster in doing so. The gems are quite nice to get - that's a good reward.

.) Gathering stone - Again the same like the other three. And there should be different types of stone (lime, granite, sandstone aso..) - and different qualities. Only the high qualities can be used for special figurines to provide a buff or whatever. Just a suggestion.

.) Gathering and collecting things from mobs - Again the same like the other four. And with knowledge comes much more variety in loot. And yes, by battling foes, our knowledge increases and we learn about the attributes aso. from this foes. There should be a huge difference in battling a spider with 0% knowledge and 100% knowledge. Actually it is not enough difference. For me.

I think all of this together could make some long time motivation for most of the players.
    And - to prevent any misunderstandings - this are just suggestions and my opinions. Nothing more.

First of all thank you for taking the time to express feedback, which is the thing that the game needs the most at the moment.

That said, I agree and disagree with your points.

I 100% agree on making wood/plant/ore and any kind of resource something that goes on a 1-100% scale instead of just being a discovery. Makes the job of miners and gatherers more rewarding.

About gating quality and yeld behing high knowledge... eh, not sure.

• @spoletta said in Not enough:

First of all thank you for taking the time to express feedback, which is the thing that the game needs the most at the moment.

That said, I agree and disagree with your points.

I 100% agree on making wood/plant/ore and any kind of resource something that goes on a 1-100% scale instead of just being a discovery. Makes the job of miners and gatherers more rewarding.

About gating quality and yeld behing high knowledge... eh, not sure.

well, that was just a suggestion from me - I dunno myself, it that would make this game better.. 🙂

It's still about the long time motivation - as long, as there is something to "discover" (by any means), we - the players - pay attention. The more "finetuning" we can do, the better and the more motivation we have.

AND dungeons. Dynamically created mini-dungeons appearing somewhen and then. That would motivate me a lot 🙂

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Progression for gathering, 100% needed.

• I have thought this as well. Would also allow people to feel a bit more specialized. Taking care of a city is hard. Finding people to take care of the farms so we can maintain upkeep and upgrade is hard, because there is nothing good behind it. Everyone else is out in the wild gathering or making trading trips which allow time to kill roaming monsters and make some profit or personal gain. While the people tending crops are just rinsing and repeating. No gold to gain, no skills to train, no items that might sell well on the market. So no one wants to do it. But if they got better at it, even became the master of the trade. If the guild falls through, people may fall over themselves to recruit someone in that field just to help advance the city.

There should be progression system for all professions tbh because otherwise the game lacks goals and depth in that field. Additionally, it does not feel like a sandbox MMORPG without a possibility to progress and specialize. I am actually surprised and disapointed that there is nothing reasonable available. Crafting has some minor progression now but it is really underwhelming system. In one of the latest AMA they answered that gathering will not get any progression, therefore, most likely nothing will be seen in the profession field in general.

I think it would been great to implement at least a 3 tier system which takes into consideration abilities, gear, enchants, professions, basically everything. Creating entirety where all pieces supports each other, for example, tier 3 gear needs or benefits from tier 3 gathering, refining and crafting.

Let's keep it realistic without asking for changes to the whole system
    I think that we all agree that getting kp for resources over a longer time instead of just on first discovery, would make it more interesting to focus on crafting/gathering, and it is already probably a change far too big to implement at this point of development.

I do not personally expect much changes anymore because they have focus on cutting features instead of implementing them. It is a missed opportunity unfortunately.

• @spoletta said in Not enough:

Let's keep it realistic without asking for changes to the whole system
    I think that we all agree that getting kp for resources over a longer time instead of just on first discovery, would make it more interesting to focus on crafting/gathering, and it is already probably a change far too big to implement at this point of development.

so, for me, this was NOT a call to change everything NOW. This was just a suggestion for future changes. I fear, the Devs have enough to do, to implement their already planned things... 😉

• Yeah, I don't expect any major changes in the near future. Follow the roadmap and lets get the game in a good spot before any major changes. TBH. If the game releases and I can work on KP the same way...then down the road they decide to implement changes to gathering/crafting. I won't be upset. Just more goals to work towards.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured