"You are encumbered" but no Weight-Debuff when collecting Wheat

• Wiki Editor

See also notes in posts below: It is not just Wheat, it seems to be for more materials (i tried it with Cotton), if you stay on same Material that you collect. New Stacks don't trigger the Debuff in this case. Picking up another material item or moving an item in your inventory triggers the Weight Debuff directly.

I was collecting wheat at my fields in the inner town space.
    After reaching 100% weight i got for each collecting of Wheat the "You are encumbered" floating text. But no Debuff Icon applied and i didn't got slowed down.
    I noticed also, that i had a persistent Road-Speed-Buff.

4bb6ad54-c34a-4855-a7c4-b46e40f70f31-grafik.png

The Encumbered-Defuff is showing up immediately after I am picking up anything else, like a plant. And then after I did Cereal Sacks and my my Inventory goes back to under 100%, the Debuff isn't vanishing till i change my Inventory, like storing things in bank and take them back.

• I can confirm the bug, I tried it shortly after Kralith

• Wiki Editor

The bug is reproducable.

Before collecting Wheat:
    287e630f-542e-4891-bd3f-b3d3620cd860-grafik.png

Floating text appears for each harvesting: "You are encumbered"
    Inventory at 269% and no Speed Debuff:

bbcc860b-4671-4f02-98fc-a5b0aaf9efc2-grafik.png

Collecting another item (here Rosmary), Speed-Debuff "Heavily Encumbered" appears:

5f724f26-69f7-441a-aedc-d1217a491b29-grafik.png

Crafting Sacks, Encumbered-Debuff stays:

02805ccb-ec37-4991-9f70-0a9cb786f9ea-grafik.png

Placing one item to the bank, Encumbered-Debuff vanished:

4f076295-d208-4e03-b26f-1ae091738f38-grafik.png

• Wiki Editor

Additional Info to the Road-Speed-Buff-Icon:

• If i have a persistent Speed-Buff-Icon, it doesn't mean I really have the Buff, means I am not faster
    • When I am back on a Road i have a double Spee-Buff and it acts as expected
    • The persisten Speed-Buff Icon I had several times from start, but I didn't found a reason or an idea, when it comes up

As for the reported topic: Even I have the persistant Road-Speed-Buff-Icon, @Leya had it not, but same Encumbered behaviour for collecting Wheat.

• Wiki Editor

Additional Info for the Encumbered-Debuff after making sacks:

Debuff after collecting but before changing Inventory:
    d90657c4-1c55-4203-8a08-e18d0aac9aeb-grafik.png

I can remove the Debuff too with just moving an item in the inventory.

Moved Bitterleaf one space down, Debuff disappears:
    7002d9a8-0414-41ca-8b5f-9910915ccfca-grafik.png

• I believe this bug is reproducible with any stackable item. I was actually messing around with this bug and I've been able to figure out that if you loot a new item your weight will be acknowledged and it'll slow you down but if you loot something that stacks on something else inside your inventory then the encumbered check doesn't happen.

So for instance, if you kill trolls and just loot hides only you can go up to 190% without being slowed but if you loot anything else then poof it'll slow you down.

So for any of the devs, the encumbrance check doesn't happen when the item adds to an existing stack inside your inventory.

• Wiki Editor

@Ablabla but it should if you get next stack.
    It happens just with wheat for me, if i collect Beans, it gives encumberance if you hit the next stack at least. I will try to confirm that if it just happens with a new stack of beans.

• Wiki Editor

@Ablabla Okay, i can confirm that.
    Just tried with Cotton right now, a new Stack don't triggers the Debuff either.

• This bug is the only light in the deep, dark, basement we know as farming in Fractured 😩 May this be low on the list of fixes

2ba30198-12fa-477f-a7f1-abaac60411b4-image.png

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured