πŸ“œ π•Ύπ–ˆπ–—π–”π–‘π–‘π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π–’π–†π–Œπ–Žπ–ˆ

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland

but if you can't learn the ability permanently then it's ok. Scrolls are one use, so you buy 15 scrolls from me then you can use that ability 15 times. nothing permanent.

@jetah said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

@finland

but if you can't learn the ability permanently then it's ok. Scrolls are one use, so you buy 15 scrolls from me then you can use that ability 15 times. nothing permanent.

Actually what I originally said. Just for 1 use and the fact of creation will require many resources, so to speak the pleasure is not cheap.

@muker

and the cost would reflect the materials, skill/ability and time!

@jetah said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

and the cost would reflect the materials, skill/ability and time!

Of course, because we need balance

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah In this case, yes, it could be interesting ^^

• @jetah said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

I support a scroll system that works like this. I imagine that scrolls would limited to rank 1 versions of skills and that their strength is still determined by your stats and talents. And with how the skill system works, you'd have to slot it into you skill bar during a resting phase, potentially taking the place of another skill. If you run out of scrolls in the middle of a fight, you'd basically have one less skill until you can rest.

@target said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

I support a scroll system that works like this. I imagine that scrolls would limited to rank 1 versions of skills and that their strength is still determined by your stats and talents. And with how the skill system works, you'd have to slot it into you skill bar during a resting phase, potentially taking the place of another skill. If you run out of scrolls in the middle of a fight, you'd basically have one less skill until you can rest.

It is strange to occupy a slot under the scroll, which eventually disappears( if it is alone). In this case, it is easier to learn the skill.

• @muker The premise of the skill system is that you only have a limited number of skills at any given time. If you could use scrolls to get around that, what would be the point of limiting skills?

@target I would like to see the mechanic that only 1 scroll can be used during a fight that could change its outcome

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I doubt a single use spell will make a game braking experience. Especially since without actual power (right stats, plus knowledge) it would be the weakest version of the spell. So I don't see why not. You could have spell scrolls to help you with certain tasks like... unlocking sealed gates, achieving a knowledge hunt (kill x many creatures with fire) where you wear them down with your regular skills and just use the scroll for the final blow. I think it would be an interesting mechanic, and a nice, profitable profession. Just my two cents though.

@darian

I'd venture a guess that scrolls have the power inscribed into them. otherwise a scroll that requires intelligence wouldn't work for a dex or str based person. It wouldn't allow a common person to use it.

I was watching Overlord II anime on Crunchyroll and it has a few scrolls being used by those without the skill. It allowed one of the characters to instantly contact their boss. Also there's one character that purchased a scroll from the mages guild. which sets up an economy for them.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@jetah I was mostly referring to the fact that you can still cast a lightning bolt from the scroll with a low intelligence modifier, but it will do a lot less damage, or it will simply do the base damage, of the spell, while those who know that spell will also factor in their stat based multiplier, making the spell much more effective.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

An interesting idea would be a one-time / reusable use of scrolls, allowing you to bypass the limitations of the Intellligence attribute.
    In the form of scrolls, there may also be special spells that can not be used without a high INT score.
    In any case, if the scroll is to be expected, then it will be difficult to find them, but this will bring diversity to the game, which is welcome.
    A good ide

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ragura said in πŸ“œScrolls of magic:

then it will be difficult to find them, but this will bring diversity to the game

They want to craft them so they can bring like a stack of 20 scrolls to cast fireballs for example. If devs plan to implement something like this I hope to see a cd limitation like 1 every X mins but mostly expecting to see scrolls buff only. The way the are talking to me looks like a way to cheat on the max number of spell we could use.

@darian

Scrolls could have different tiers which bypass the int requirement.

Tier 1 could be a low level spell
    Tier 2 could be a medium
    Tier 3 could be high.

This could correlate to the spell tiers also. If I have a spell at level 3 I’d want the option to craft a tier 1 scroll.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

The question is: Are the warriors able to read? πŸ™‚ Especially the secret language of the mages?

I think a quite similar solution can be implemented as potions. If you drink them, you get buff benefit. If you break them on the ground, it goes AoE, but with lower strength.
    Similar solution can go with potions that have offensive use. For example, a fire potion - you can either pour it on your sword to "flame on", or you can throw it in the middle of the enemy group to give them a "warm welcome".

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@jetah I see your point. Still, your tier 3 spell will also be buffed in effectiveness by your stats, while the scroll will not. In addition to this, perhaps a certain mechanic should be implemented to make crafting spell scrolls difficult. Especially in higher tiers. This will make them expensive, and thus people will not have or use them very often. Also, adding a scroll to your active skill bar will lock you in combat with a limited use skill that is not as powerful as your actual skills (which get buffed by your stats).
    @Dybuk You certainly have a point... perhaps the ability to read should be a trait you can earn... It could also be different for each race... And have chat locked off with other races unless either you know their language, or they know yours. could be a cute immersion element.

I still think that we need to make an additional slot for the scroll, so that we can put it sitting in the inventory, and not running every time to the bonfire. After using the scroll, it disappears, and during the battle it can not be inserted into the slot.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@finland

Does this mean that the usual spells for mages will have limitations in the form of long cool downs?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ragura I think spells will have cd, internal cd, resource usage (energy/rage/mana..). About scrolls it's something that starded here and it's not developed.

Every char will cast spells/talents so everyone will be like a mage.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured