Long overdue, forgive me I’ve been enjoying VR - Some Gameplay feedback

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

As stated, I’ve been hooked after getting a headset for early Christmas. Anyway... the point is Fractured!! Absolutely loved this alpha, it was a blast playing with you all and making new friends in guild @NewOrder. Okay, on to the substance... I personally adored the game. By brother however (who I gifted the game) did not so much and it was hard to keep him keen on playing. Some of his criticism perhaps was just differences of preference.. some was definitely I believe accurate and would improve play. Some of the main points he made that I agreed with:

• Mage Targetting and Gameplay is Awkward
      I primarily played a Rogue type but also mixed it up with DEX warrior. That said, I did have to spend a bit of time as mage since incorporal did not work as expected. Anyway, targetting for spells can be very challenging for number of reasons as it exists. Having to hockey the spell then click the mob can cause problems because of other characters or trees in the way. To me, this seems to mean that the raycast from screen algorithm needs to be improved in terms of finding a suitable target for the spell. A further thought though, if you look at a game like sayPath of Exile, you do not actually need to click the target, hovering over the target (potentially including a small screen space hit box expansion) and clicking the spell is confirmation enough of a spell to cast and a target to aim at. Countless times I had difficulty firing magic missiles.. and many many times I would attempt to fire ice spikes only for the character to oddly turn around and fire them at nothing. I think PoEs approach here is solid.

ON SECOND THOUGHT: I ran it by him, I agree with the point above, the other thing(s) he mentioned was low mob density throughout the continent and while I agree.. it’s a alpha so I don’t make much of set dressing right now.

some brief thoughts of my own:
    I feel like others have likely mentioned most of what I will put here, and given everything is alpha I imagine all this will see change in the years to come. Anyway, the laundry list:

• Huge crafting/effort discrepancy between mage and melee items & armour
    • the talent, skills system as it currently exists with armour and weapon limitations is (slightly) more constrictive than expected
    • feature-request : just as people want a stomp/assassinate to speed pvp kills, I think we need a coop form of revive that perhaps uses energy and a handful of bandages, ideally it would potentially act faster than an attackers assassinate? Thought I would drop this one here as PVP is about to be the focus for a while. A great existing example IMHO is downed/revive in Guild Wars 2.

Anyway, that is plenty long enough of my rambling, I’ll leave it at that. Excited for Winter Alpha. Also.. if in need of a guild @NewOrder was a great one and if not convinced (shameless plug) check out my app here : fractured-fmg.com. For quick access to details on all the documented guilds in the game.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Scozzi said in Long overdue, forgive me I’ve been enjoying VR - Some Gameplay feedback:

Having to hockey the spell then click the mob can cause problems because of other characters or trees in the way.

I did test mage in the last test and... from my experience you only need to hover your mouse over the target and press the spell, and not also click on the target. For most skills you don't even need a target if I remember correctly. While I did not test all skills I am pretty sure this is how it works for most of them?

@Scozzi said in Long overdue, forgive me I’ve been enjoying VR - Some Gameplay feedback:

www.fractured-fmg.com

That link leads to nowhere 😄
    You meant this right?

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Haha yup.. did I spell it right? Very strange

• DymStudios - CEO

Thanks for the feedback! Just two remaks:

if you look at a game like sayPath of Exile, you do not actually need to click the target, hovering over the target (potentially including a small screen space hit box expansion) and clicking the spell is confirmation enough of a spell to cast and a target to aim at

That's exactly how it works in Fractured 🙂

just as people want a stomp/assassinate to speed pvp kills

The possibility to Execute a knock-down player has been around for months now 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

oh for real? I didnt realize that was already in. Well still same feedback, to promote a vibrant team style PVP shouldn't we have the same opportunity for a benevolent player to save their comrade?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured