Info on Changes to Guild Cities

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

fascinating discussion about political choices and how the 'creation parameters' impact game societies!
    @Farlander's experience is a pretty common one in any game. I've seen this trajectory many times:

• whale invests a lot of time/$$ in a game
    • creates and runs an alliance/guild
    • fails to delegate responsabilities due to control issues endemic in whalehood
    • gets distracted and lets the guild slide, to the detriment of many players who'd coat-tailed on the whale's a$$ets & clout

In some cases, the guild/alliance dissolves and the poor folks find themselves a new place to coat-tail. In some cases, a fresh whale takes the reins.

My prayer is that Fractured has made itself less attractive to whales by being B2P rather than P2W... BUT how the initial advantage given to major investors will play out politically, in-game, has everything to do with the 'creation parameters', so discussing those before, during, and after this initial test of the cities element will be mission-critical.

Thanks & KUDOS to @Greenfire for starting this discussion, and to all those contributing thoughtful and constructive ideas around it. 👍 🏆 💖

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I am currently unaware if there is even any advantage to living in a claimable city over having land parcels in "safe" locations that can't be taken by other players.

If it is possible to siege a player city and forcibly evict the old tenants, then living in a player city carries an element of risk for the people living there. Conversely, it doesn't seem possible to siege or take over land parcels that are placed around the world outside of player cities.

I have not been following development as close as others, so I might have missed it, but is there a mechanical advantage to living in a player-city over forming a "neighborhood" of land parcels in safe areas?

I believe the intention is to have buildings available in towns and cities that you cannot access outside of them. Research is just one of them, technology and production buildings as well. Then throw in guild specific buildings and you can imagine that there is definite benefit to joining a city, especially if you are part of a guild. There will just be some things you can't do if you don't have access to a city. Being a member of one will grant you this access, otherwise you'll need to trade for the items you cannot make yourself.

If you want to access some of the game aspects, like travel to asteroids and other worlds, it'll likely require group effort to create the portals, I don't even know if it is possible to build the special technologies on the human world solo, or without the higher tier production buildings only possible in a town.

We also know that there will be some NPC trades available in towns... and having one set as a home base ensures you can quickly access gear if you have to resurrect at home, if you're solo, you have to have the items on hand already.

I'm certain there are other benefits outside of trades and technology as well, I recall hearing that towns will be able to implement a guard system as just one example.

So it seems that without living in a town and going solo, you will need to rely heavily on trade with others, and may still be unable to access some aspects of the game if others don't wish to give it to you.

Of course, it has been a really long time since we've had any updates to this, things may be even more complicated than I mention, or they may decide to throw in more for the self sufficient player that I'm not aware of.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Thanks for the response, Greenfire!

Hopefully the time a ruler is inactive to the point you can replace them isn't too long. I realize people need time to have off in the real world. It would also be nice to be able appoint a temporary leader in the case of someone having to go inactive for an extended period of time. If no one is in charge the time period shouldn't be more than a week or two from last login. Someone just deciding to quit or worse yet rage quit and then systematically trying to destroy everything before they leave can be a problem as well. Players dedicated to a city need some controls in place to stop a tyrant 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Tamdemonium that sounds swell.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured