Cart Duplication during lag spike

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Hey,

I was moving around with my cart attached, had a lag spike (showing a ping of 500ms), pressed "q" to detach myself from the cart, hit "q" again 2 more times. Result was that I had 2 carts and shot a firebolt. Both carts had the same content and I was able to move and utilize both carts.

Time stamp is probably close to 9:55PM PST if that helps.

Cart Duplication.png

Silynx

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Somewhat related:

I just filled up one of the 2 carts with freshly chopped wood, selected it to attach it to my character and the cart disappeared, my character was showing the cart pulling animation as in the picture below. When I hit q, I fired a firebolt and stopped the cart pulling animation. Still no cart. Not sure if this was the cart I duplicated earlier or not.

My character was also locked into a "walk mode" no running. I'm not certain if that happened right after the cart disappeared or after I tried to pull the other cart and detached again.

Time stamp is roughly 10:16PM PST

Cart disappeared.png

Silynx

• TF#5 - LEGATE

OK I am seriously confused now. I logged out and back in to hopefully fix the slow walk - that worked. Character is running again.

But upon login, I have 2 carts again. The one that just vanished (filled with wood) appeared fully loaded where I logged out.

Cart reappeared.png

Silynx

• TF#5 - LEGATE

During another lag spike, I duplicated one of the carts again. Then chopped a tree, picked up 2 logs. The 2nd one disappeared in my hands. I could not lay it down, had the carry animation, walked slow but was able to access the cart menu, attached my character to the cart, detached and my walk animation and speed was back to normal. The log was lost.

Log disappeared.png

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I had a similar issue last Alpha, I wasn't able to recreate it.

The cart duplication was persistent - it wasn't a client side issue, as the duplicated cart (and logs) were there following logout and login. I used the duplicated logs. The cart was there for the duration of the Alpha.

Heck, I haven't logged in for this alpha - it might still be there. I'll see in a bit if they wiped.

• DymStudios - CEO

Fixed in va222d

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured