Necromancy and alignment

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Do you think necromancy will or even should be affected by alignment? I think it'd be odd to see a Beastman or even an Angel using necromancy but I'm not sure if necromancy in this game is inherently evil. Your thoughts?

I understand where the idea/feeling comes from. To be honest I neither don't see Necromancy as a logic choice for my Erwydra Caster/Healer.

But that would be like that Restoration (The school of Restoration grants its user several ways to fortify, restore and purify the energy flowing in all living creatures.), should be affected by a good alignment. After all, evil people should not be as good in doing good as evil people. On a side note do you know people who are only good or evil 😇

I like the current freedom of choosing what skills/spells to use. When I play on a Monday after the first workday of the week I like to be able to kill using Necromancy 👿 . On other days I'll be my normal self, healing and buffing my fellow tribesmen 🙂

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Good person respect the memory of the dead and usually in fantasy genre necromancy is "taboo discipline" for such type of character, cuz such magic would usually imply manipulations with dead flash, souls, life force, curses etc . Freedom of chose should be logically explained(i suppose)-exp.maybe certain god(good one) allow use such magic for medical purpose or just there is no any religious obstacles for using necromancy.
    At least in Dnd 5v. character with any alignment could choose a necromancer class.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Necromancy will not be affected by player alignment. While the devs haven't specifically said so, they kinda did, in a roundabout way. Namely, lich evolution option, for humans.

When you become a lich, you become undead and you gain bonus to necromancy, but becoming lich doesn't makes your alignment drop, nor does it changes it in any way, at all. According to devs, the person remains the same person, after becoming lich, he doesn't do 180-evil-evil-turn, for no good reason, he keeps acting the way he always is, because the devs want for player choices to be the ones to decided by the players, themselves.

So by extension, it stands to reason, that neither does necromancy is influenced by the alignment, especially, since alignment neutral lich gains a bonus to necromancy spells.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@deusex2 i'd like them to use logic instead of what the player wants, the knoledge system should work as the player action and alligment, its strange to a good to make necromancy and evils use healing, you can fix it by making similar spells, maybe imstead of summon skeleton, th good alligment summon golens, and instead of healing, the evil could do pact, for example, consume hp instead of mana to heal a friend, and an evil energy to heal himself, the alligment/race should influence in the skills.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@gabrinoel said in Necromancy and alignment:

@deusex2 i'd like them to use logic instead of what the player wants, the knoledge system should work as the player action and alligment, its strange to a good to make necromancy and evils use healing, you can fix it by making similar spells, maybe imstead of summon skeleton, th good alligment summon golens, and instead of healing, the evil could do pact, for example, consume hp instead of mana to heal a friend, and an evil energy to heal himself, the alligment/race should influence in the skills.

You want logic, then use logic. Just because you know how to animate skeleton, doesn't means it's evil. At the end of the day, it's not what you using, but how you're using it, that matters. You can animate skeleton and use it to terrorize local population, or you can use it to help farmers work the fields. Just like draining life off of someone, can be used for good, fro example-emergency help. And even healing can be used both for obvious good and for evil purposes-for example, torture someone till they beg to be killed and then heal them, in order to keep them alive to keep torturing them.

That's, basically, the logic behind it. You can be a good lich, or you can be an evil-evil lich.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@deusex2 thats why i say that you can have the different skills for the same purpose, but its not logical necromancy destinated for good and mass healing destinated to bad. The ones who do necromancy are most of the time demons, lich, that by the cliche history are people that arent accepted in heaven, and the ones who make heal is the ''cleric'' with the power of god.

• This post is deleted!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@gabrinoel said in Necromancy and alignment:

@deusex2 thats why i say that you can have the different skills for the same purpose, but its not logical necromancy destinated for good and mass healing destinated to bad. The ones who do necromancy are most of the time demons, lich, that by the cliche history are people that arent accepted in heaven, and the ones who make heal is the ''cleric'' with the power of god.

You are aware that lich evolution, like every evolution, is a divine quest, given to you by the god your character is worshiping, right?

Also, what kind of logic is this,"others are doing it, so you also have to?"

Soo, liches would worship... "The Lich King"? And have an ability to create a portal to Azeroth 😛

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix said in Necromancy and alignment:

Soo, liches would worship... "The Lich King"? And have an ability to create a portal to Azeroth 😛

Personally, I thought the god of knowledge, Galvanos, would be more fitting.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured