Considering Character stats

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

So atm, all stats start on 10 with 60 points to spend in allocation, you can lower these stats to bellow 10
    For my example I will consider all stats at 10.
    It costs 20 points to get a stat to max (18)

Str 10
    DeX 10
    Int 10 to 18 (60-40)
    Con 10 to 18 (40-20)
    Perc 10
    Cha 10 to 18 (20-0)

The reason I bring this up is because all spells in the magic schools require INT

Three schools require charisma ( illusion necromancy conjuration)

One school requires, perception (divination)

Will it ever be worth sacrificing health for perception?

(necromancers will use CON as a side stat for blood magic).

I dont think it will be worth the sacrifice.
    Therefore Divination will be a school we dont often see utilised to its max

Upgrade allocation costs

11-15 costs 2 points
    15-17 costs 3
    17-18 cost 4

The same issue is going to be in place for warfare, as it uses str, con and Cha, for its spells, allowing it to combine with only, musician, that also uses charisma

Unarmed martial arts (Dex str)
    assassination (Dex perc)
    marksman (dex perc)
    can all be mixed together with the three stat combo

Could even reduce cha, int, to try max out con, for martial arts assassination mix

And reduce perception and int in the warfare build to include unarmed martial arts

@Xzoviac said in Considering Character stats:

So atm, all stats start on 10 with 60 points to spend in allocation

Isn't that only for humans as they have 120 points, where beastlings 😏 and demons only have 100 IIRC?

Considering that Perception also seems a major source of accuracy rating I suppose you can not neglect that stat (needed for bosses and PvP, or is that not a thing in this game?) Where I translate accuracy rating as a chance to hit with your spell.

@Yitra said in Considering Character stats:

So atm, all stats start on 10 with 60 points to spend in allocation

Isn't that only for humans as they have 120 points, where beastlings 😏 and demons only have 100 IIRC?

Considering that Perception also seems a major source of accuracy rating I suppose you can not neglect that stat (needed for bosses and PvP, or is that not a thing in this game?) Where I translate accuracy rating as a chance to hit with your spell.

Yeah I guess demons and beastmen would only have 2 max stats and the rest at 10, I dunno if perception effects accuracy, I thought that would be Dex, perception Is normally ability to find traps, and how good you are at perceiveing your environment to avoid danger or evaluate the prices of objects.
    It may effect how often you critical hit though, if that's not done threw dexterity

I got that from here

Perception is a measure of the accuracy and observation skills of a character, determining its chances to score critical hits and the damage they do, its accuracy rating, its ability to instinctively identify items, to spot hidden creatures, traps and treasures and to find valuable resources while gathering.

Reaching a Perception score of 20 gives the character a significant boost to its accuracy rating.

Although Dexterity also refers to accuracy

Dexterity is a measure of the speed, nimbleness, stealth and sleight of hands of your character, determining its accuracy and evasion ratings, the cooldowns of combat-related and mobility-based abilities, the chance to inflict critical hits

Next alpha might give us the opportunity to test this.

@Yitra well it gives me a lot to think about I guess ingame testing will be needed to find the optimal Build, thanks for the Info,

It's likely the monk style defensive buffs wont be worth the accuracy loss

sacrificing HP

Based on my experiences in other MMOs, unless you are a tank, and for PvE purposes, it is always worth sacrificing HP in order to min max your efficiency. Unless you are tanking, and especially if you are ranged player, mobs shouldn't be hitting you in the first place, and you should focus on maxing out your damage and CC to kill stuff.

Now when PvP comes into the question, everyone needs some amount of HP, however, with limited stat pool, I don't think HP should be maxed out, i think sacrificing some amount of HP in order to get another useful stat for your school is a good idea.

@Gothix Atm stat builds I'm considering for human to be this (keeping the other base stats at 10)

Long range tougher assassin
    Strength 18
    Dexterity 18
    Perception 18

Strength to have highest dmg , also gives max martial arts skills combined with the dexterity

Dexterity and perception give max assassin and archer skills

Using the martial arts skills to bring in that extra toughness

The warfare bard
    Strength 18
    Constitution 18
    Charisma 18

This is the maxed out basic warrior but bard uses charisma stat, so I can nick some spells and be effective aoe music as the warrior jumps in buffing debuffing causing havoc

Maxed out mage
    18Int
    18perception/constitution
    18charisma

Depending on how powerful Divination is, I'll max it out, but if not constitution will be my way forward, summoner necromancer healer, this mage can do it all (apart from divine possibly) 🙏

I like hp helps avoiding death when being ganked, but I get your point

Talk to me in Discord. There are 'better' builds to consider. We have already worked them out. We can discuss this privately.

Reach out to me in guild chat discord

Cheers

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured