I don't mean to be offensive to the creators of Fractured, but I found this game through Instagram, which it caught my interest near immediately, and I am curious if there are any similar games to Fractured that I could play while waiting for either Fractured to come to a beta stage, or if I was to get very lucky and get an alpha key?
- There is a similar game which is compared to Fractured, but with her fractured has a difference ( Albion Online, it is also available on Steam)
There are plenty of titles that inspired us to make Fractured. In the MMO department I can name a few:
- Ultima Online for the freedom and the emotions given by exploration.
- Shadowbane for its town building and conquest mechanics.
- Haven & Hearth for its survival side.
- Guild Wars 1 / 2 for its character building.
- Vanguard for its race characterization.
- Talking modern stuff, I could name Albion Online - or better, its dev studio Sandbox Interactive.
- etc etc etc.
Outiside of the MMO world, classic single player Action RPGs for the exciting and skill-based combat - you name them, there are so many! Tabletop games (D&D above all) and classic RPGs games (BG, Planescape) also inspired us for their character attributes, styles of magic, alignment...
I could go on forever.
Of course, most of the games I've mentioned are just inspirations - don't start thinking Fractured has, say, survival elements as hardcore as H&H - that's not the case
In the end, we've felt that in the sandbox MMO world there was still a lot of room for innovation and I hope what we've revealed so far and the future spotlights will convey Fractured's potential in full!
- Pre-alpha key you can get if you are in the top 100 by Fund rating ( but it is unlikely) or win in the weekly draw ( even the name of one award, you can win).
Access to the Pre-alpha version of the game only applies to her to play after the end of the pre-alpha, you must participate in the company kickstarter
- To get to the alpha test, you can invest your money in Kickstarter. Here is a link to the news related to it and here is its improved version
Pre-alpha and alpha version of the game will be available in 4Q 2018
Sorry for my English, I use translator and hope I could answer your questions^^
Do also note, Albion is a lot more "grinding focused" than Fractured purports to be.