[Tavern Roleplay] The Arcanist's Mill

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Smelling a new beast man, Glim looks up from the doodle he is scratching into the table top to see an Udoadra. 'Another one, where are they all coming from? Mimi may not be confident in a fight, but this one looks calm and level headed. I'll have to test his mettle' He thinks to himself, going back to his drawing of himself cleaving a demon in two.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

"She put a lot of faith in us," says Malyvern, shaking his head at the sleeping Erwydra, "and we've already gotten her into danger once today. I suppose she'll be okay here while we check out the town hall."

0_1527950159791_1527673969317-ixuo-avatar-small.jpg "Don't worry boss," says Ixuo to Glim, "I'll stay here and keep an eye on the young one."

Malyvern is relieved, though it would have been good to have Ixuo with them when they visit the town.

Malyvern turns to Glim, and glances at the Nheedra's drawing, "pretty good," says the mage with a smile, "I like how you've really brought out the colour in that demon." He chuckles and motions at the new Udoadra, asking silently with a look, "who's this?"

Ixuo stands a little taller and with crossed arms maintains a watchful eye on the newcomer.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

The Wolf-kin approached Glim and his companions, inhaling scents and tilting his head slightly, the sweep of his neck and throat bared in a sign of peaceful intent. "I didn't expect kin here." He smiled softly. "But you're a most welcome sight after a dusty road." His staff tapped against the wooden floor. "This one would join you if welcome."

• TF#3 - ENVOY

“We would always welcome another, my friend,” says Malyvern. He pushes one of the spare ciders towards the Udoadra. “Malyvern they call me here,” says the mage, and he names each of his companions.

“As you can see,” he says, “we count many amongst us from Arboreus. What do you call yourself?”

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

"Aye, welcome to our table" Glim beams, waving his hand across the table.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

The man sat, taking the cider offered to him and sniffing the contents before taking a careful sip. He hummed, claws tapping against the mug. "Telwath." He answered with a smile. "And I welcome you as a friend Malyvern." He plucked a bag of herbs from his belt, offering it to the mage. Focusing on Glim, he reached out to clasp the other's hand in greeting. "How do you find human drinks?" His lips curved. "Nheedra endurance is legendary."

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

"Well, Telwath. As you probably know, human drinks could never hold up to Chadra liquor or Udoadra mead. But this human cider, this is something else." Glim responded, clasping the Udoadra's hand.
    "Speaking of Nheedra endurance, what do you say to a contest friend? I've already had a bit to drink, so that should make it fair." He laughs heartily, realising his grip on his new acquaintance to down his drink.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

The Wolf-kin considers, eyes bright with the given challenge. "You would be wise to offer rules." He teases. "But I will not warn you which are best to stop me finding advantage."

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

"fastest beast to finish a drink, the loser has to buy the winner a drink?" Glim explains his terms. "what do you say, lad?"

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

In answer Telwath picks up another mug, nodding at Glim and waiting. His free hand produces a leaf from his herbs, it dropped in the mug he holds.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Malyvern studies the herbs he was handed by Telwath,
    "Is this Attiorice and Priyiosia?" he mumbles, and sifts through the bag with gleaming curiousity, "Cleceasia, Ogliomom, Lishomric, Venom Cress.... you can only find these on Arboreus. Thank you friend," he smiles, "these are essential ingredients for Dovetail Brew, and I feel our Erwydra friend is going to need one of those when she awakens." He places the bag in his inner right pocket and silently places a bet to himself on who will win the drinking competition.

A clamouring sound can be heard from outside the tavern,
    We should probably check out what that is once the beast-kin have settled their introductions, he thinks.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Glim grabs a hold of his mug in his large paw. Staring his opponent in the eyes.
    "Drink!" Malyvern commands suddenly. The beastmen bring the mugs to their snouts, drinking deeply. Telwath slams down his mug a moment before Glim.

Glim wipes the back of his paw across his mouth. "Aye, good game, Mate." He says, reaching out to clasp Telwaths forearm. They shake hands as they share mutual respect.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

"Fair dues to the winner," Malyvern says, glad he didn't announce his bet choice. The sounds from outside grow louder and the mage turns to the Udoadra,
    "We are about to see what the noise is all about outside, Telwath," says the mage, "perhaps you would like to join us?"

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@malyvern (his name is Telwath.)

"Aye, already ahead of you." Glim rises from his seat, steadily and strolls towards the doors as if he hadn't just downed 5 mugs of mead.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

0_1528019467226_market day.jpg

Malyvern and his companions step out into the street.

The light is blinding at first, and the mage's stomach groans with the weight of the cider. After a few moments Malyvern’s eyesight adjusts and immediately the smells of various fresh produce is prominent. It’s market day in Kuasrine and merchant stalls are filled with a variety of vegetables, meats, fish and handmade trinkets. Magical implements drained of their magicka are scattered amongst the baked goods.

Hm, wonder if I can find some Wyverne soup,” Malyvern thinks. A particularly nice, handcrafted scepter catches the mage’s eye, “only good for a mantle piece nowadays.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Telwath grinned broadly, clasping Glim's hand in turn. "I'll come and see. It's the reason for me being here." He took to his paws, following the others out and nodding to Ixou as they left.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Realising he hadn't eaten since his apples. Glim realises he needs a more varied mid day meal than just fruits, eyeing the food stalls he sees one packed with meats of all types. 'Dark meat, light meat. It's all the same!' He thinks to himself hungrily.
    "Hallo." Glim says, approaching the stall. "Do you sell venison?"
    "Aye, ah daunt sell mooch alse." The seller replies.
    "Good good." Glim says as he reaches into his gambeson to retrieve his coin pouch.

Glim and the merchant haggle for a bit before settling on the price that appeals to both the consumer and provider.

"Many thanks!" Glim says, turning away from the stall to eat his meat red and raw.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

A large crowd has gathered and is being addressed by a tall man with a black robe. The bald revolutionary and his two skittish friends from the night before are at his side. Shouts of “ORA!” can be heard. Meanwhile however, Malyvern is famished and this is worsened by the alcohol in his system. Before he allows for the crowd to take his attention, he wanders through the market to peruse the goods on sale.

“Hm, blanched salty & sour pigeon, cooked fennel frog, tea-smoked Northern-Style mutton…” Malyvern ponders for a moment, and brings his hand up to his jaw. He looks as if he is about to announce something profound.

“How much for the salted ostrich?” he says to the merchant,
    “Two gold, lest you’ve got somethin’ to trade,”
    “How about a wager?” says Malyvern, and he produces a mug from the tavern.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Noticing the large crowd, Glim heads towards the wagon his men were pulling. Equipping his steel breastplate. He heads towards the crowd. 'Can never be too careful' He thinks to himself. ''specially with these types, bloody fanatics.'
    He listens in on the preaching.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Having acquired the salted ostrich and a couple of coffee rolls, Malyvern makes his way towards the crowd. He can see Glim up ahead, it’s hard to miss the Nheedra.

It is this fate I solemnly assure you,” the man announces, “that when the time comes you make your reckoning.

The mage looks on, still munching on the coffee rolls in bemused interest.

No longer shall you serve the princes of this land, rise with us as we did in Avermore and take what is rightfully yours.” The man’s words hang in the air as his gaze stops at the Nheedra. Some of the people in the crowd turn to see what has caught his attention.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured