IProposals for Incarcerated Evil Players and City Jails

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

While I am in full support of this mechanic existing to punish evil players of Syndesia for the sake of giving its PvErs a break, I agree with them that it is a bit too harsh—sentenced to two days of being unable to use their characters, if they've achieved maximum negative karma, unless they or someone else pays a bail of 10,000g of which half goes to the bounty hunter (what others have been calling "sheriffs") that incarcerated them in addition to losing their equipment and inventories.

This is what I had in mind to make their sentence a bit more bearable:

• There could be a way to confiscate an evil player's equipment, inventory, or both whenever they are sent to jail by storing them in a chest next to the NPC seated outside the cells. When the evil player has served their time, they can retrieve their items from that chest. (This suggestion may be too generous.)
      • I was going to suggest that this could be done upon a bounty hunter's execution of the evil player but sending them to jail is no longer done through execution.
    • Their sentence could be reduced at all thresholds of negative karma to a maximum of one day at maximum negative karma with the price of bail halved. (May be unnecessary due to upcoming content meaning additional sources of gold as mentioned by Foreskin.)
      • Alternatively, instead of reducing the bail by half, more of it could go to the settlement they were incarcerated within instead of to the bounty hunter.
    • There could be labor for them to do for the benefit of the settlement they are incarcerated within that could reduce their sentence and cost of bail per task completed.
    • Other players could be able to lockpick the city jails' prison doors to free the incarcerated evil players.
      • This should penalize the lockpicker's karma per attempt and heavily upon success.
      • The difficulty of the locks could scale with the stage/rank of the settlement; alternatively, it could be set to a customized version of the "Legendary" difficulty.
        • Toggling aggression should be required to pick the cells' locks.
        • Professional Lockpicks should be the only lockpicks that can used on city jails' prison doors.

• 10000 gold isn't that much. Especially considering none of the end game content is here yet; Demonworld/Asteroids. I expect the gold rate to go up over time (gold creep). I also expect reds to not be jailable on demon world.

I don't think the current gear loss/gold loss are worth nerfing based on the above. Even with current loss mechanics ive profited over 1million pking, mostly alone or in duos.

We need to focus on end-game content and getting aehren to be a continent worth farming on, worthy of the risk. If that's accomplished then 10000 gold isn't going to be a challenge for most people.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Foreskin said in Proposals for Incarcerated Evil Players and City Jails:

10000 gold isn't that much. Especially considering none of the end game content is here yet; Demonworld/Asteroids. I expect the gold rate to go up over time (gold creep).

Yeah, I suppose you're right—probably a hasty suggestion on my part—since to be able to PvP, they should have done the "minimum" of PvE first to get the talents they needed and the necessary gold to outfit and recuperate themselves if they don't make their own equipment.

As a "good" player, paying a bail of that sum is no issue for me since I'm able to reliably sustain myself off PvE, but I assumed that wasn't the case for "evil" players since I don't have any experience being one. They could also have alts that are "good" or "neutral".

Also, the part about the rest of the content being in is also true and important to consider since more content means more means of possible income.

I also expect reds to not be jailable on demon world.

Oh no, they won't be.

Tartaros is supposed to be an anarchic planet if the design journals about that planet are still true—only if those Demons come to Syndesia, they can be jailed unless that mechanic where they can't stay on other planets too long while evil is still planned.

I was thinking of something different.
    Pking in low level areas should be discouraged and pking in high level areas should be encouraged.

Red penalties should be made harsher by default, in particular by increasing the negative karma limit to 50k, with a maximum bail time of 1 week and bail cost of 50k gold. When bailed out, the karma resets to -5k.

At the same time though some areas in the world (high level ones) should be under the influence of Babylis (Tartaros God for those who didn't follow the lore).
    Inside those areas the following rules apply:

1. Divine rewards gain increased by 30% for everyone.
    2. Neutral bonus to divine reward increased from 25% to 75%.
    3. Karma penalties halved for PKs.
    4. PKs killed inside the area lose only a single piece of equipment when killed.

Inside those areas player could risk it as neutral and fights with probably lots of other neutral and red players, or accept a lower risk and go as blue, having to fight only red. Reds would flock to the area, cause even if the fights are harder, they can bring good equip to the fight, and the players killed there have probably a decent amount of stuff to loot.

Also, recipe and orbs should be consumable only at a firepit.

• Cant increase the penalties for red on Aehren until there is a free for all map. Then you can turn it into the "Yellow zone" after that, with even harsher penalties. Right now it is filling the purpose of Taratos but doing a poor job at it. Besides crystals and leveling skills there is little reason to be in Aehren unless you are looking to be a Red or looking to hunt for Reds. Making reds less competitive then they already are will reduce the population on this continent even further. We shouldn't take anything else away from Aehren, it is already the slums.

• I'd take care with divine rewards.
    Too many dropped will flood the market and eliminate a long term goal.

I'd love to have mine though....

@Wargfoot Increasing it in highly contested areas does not really increase them overall.
    You have to consider that players are necessarily less pve efficient in those areas compared to simply slaying ogres on Terra, so those higher % would just make slightly better than ogres. Right now with 25% you are better of with ogres, even if you meet absolutely no resistance at jotuns.

@Foreskin That's why in the same proposal I put areas where they enjoy significant advantages.
    Give and take.

• @spoletta said in Proposals for Incarcerated Evil Players and City Jails:

@Wargfoot Increasing it in highly contested areas does not really increase them overall.
    You have to consider that players are necessarily less pve efficient in those areas compared to simply slaying ogres on Terra, so those higher % would just make slightly better than ogres. Right now with 25% you are better of with ogres, even if you meet absolutely no resistance at jotuns.

I appreciate the great care that is being put into these changes. There have been a few times where I've thought something unbalanced or odd only to find out with experience it works well. Keep going.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured