Orb & School proficiencies gains from items dont stack

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Hi,

I saw today that the proficiencies of school that are learned with orbs dont stack with the one you are doing on your items.

Example: You have 1 pyromancy via orb and 4 via items, weapon (2) and necklace(2). You will only get the 4 levels of the items instead of the expected Level 5 in pyromancy.

In my point of view, this will decrease the usage of this imbuied stats and should stack. (of course not over the 10 level maximum)

Right now the general feeling is the opposite.
    People find that this system makes orbs not useful, since it is too easy to get to max rank using only imbues.

In fact, I would go over a mixed approach. I would let them stack with each other, so that new players have a use for those orbs, which otherwise don't feel like a particular achievement.
    At the same time though, I would not allow imbued proficiencies to contribute past rank 6, so that you need the orbs to reach higher values. This is to make sure that orbs keep being a sought after end game reward.

• @spoletta said in Orb & School proficiencies gains from items dont stack:

Right now the general feeling is the opposite.
    People find that this system makes orbs not useful, since it is too easy to get to max rank using only imbues.

In fact, I would go over a mixed approach. I would let them stack with each other, so that new players have a use for those orbs, which otherwise don't feel like a particular achievement.
    At the same time though, I would not allow imbued proficiencies to contribute past rank 6, so that you need the orbs to reach higher values. This is to make sure that orbs keep being a sought after end game reward.

I can actually agree with you for once. I think they should be stacked, but up to a point. This is a good compromise.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@spoletta

Good idea, I could live with this.

• @spoletta Whats the point in 10 slots if you cant reach 10 slots?

No one said you can't reach them.
    Simply they cannot be reached with imbues.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured