The Eviction/Refugee system ( Residential area solution for city takeovers )

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@GamerSeuss said in The Eviction/Refugee system ( Residential area solution for city takeovers ):

(...)Syndesia is the Beastmen planet(...)

Arboreus is the Beastman planet, Syndesia is the Human planet.¹

@GamerSeuss said in The Eviction/Refugee system ( Residential area solution for city takeovers ):

(...)the Human Planet is a mixed bag planet(...)

Yes, that's why I said the mechanic should feature a 'between completely save and complete anarchy'. It's similar to how PvP is handled on Syndesia. You can be attacked anywhere, but there are negative consequences for the attacker. That's not completely save, but that's not complete anarchy either.

(...)for the newbie population, sometimes there is a comfort factor in being able to play Humans. They are familiar and thus it is less jarring for those who aren't necessarily seasoned gamers, and these humans need to be able to opt-out of the Siege mechanic as well, if anything, they need it more than others as they are barely getting their feet wet in the MMORPG world(...)

I'd like to argue against this. You can't opt out of PvP on Syndesia and that's something likely to happen to you far more often and earlier into your gaming experience than being evicted from a house. Actually, I'd say by the time you have settled, built a house in a town that gets sieged and were valuable enough of a target for the attackers to spend enough resources to evict you, you're no longer a 'newbie'. What you're arguing is basically the Human planet should be completely save as well, just like the Beastman planet, because some people might want to play Human instead of Beastman.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured