Stacking Passive Skills

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

The freedom of unlocking any ability for any character is a fantastic thing, I enjoy the freedom of being able to swap to any ability or picking a different build to farm or explore with.
    But I have noticed that being able to stack passive skills at the cost of reserved mana take a pretty hard swing at the difficulty of pve content. Including with damage buffs. This isn't so much a concern in pvp because such builds are relatively easy to shut down with skills.
    My suggestion is to limit the number of passive skills to one or two active offensive, one or two active defensive skills, auras being the exception, and add or rework the talent tree to increase the cap.
    I believe this will increase the difficulty of pve slightly, while keeping the customization alive.
    Thanks for reading and let me know what concerns this kind of change would bring up.

• For what it's worth, abilities that have a toggle effect do have some current limitations. Mana reservation is one. Another is that each ability has a "group" and you're only allowed to have one ability from a given group active at any time.

I would disagree with this suggestion because of the above limits plus the fact that there are only 8 ability slots. Each toggle you use takes up one ability slot. It's a clear choice and limit. If toggle abilities were outside of the 8 ability slots then I might agree, but with them included in those 8, I disagree with imposing an additional limit to them.

I'm kind of the same idea, the new toggle skill system is too permissive.
    I would just increase the maxMana cost on them though.

• @spoletta said in Stacking Passive Skills:

I'm kind of the same idea, the new toggle skill system is too permissive.
    I would just increase the maxMana cost on them though.

Using the mana cost to balance how many skills you could have might make the Concentration talent more useful/appealing. (Though I still think the 8 slot cap is a pretty serious limiter on how many someone might use.)

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured