Ability Variation and Restriction

• @spoletta It kind of has to in some capacity though.

If it is not up and you have 2000/2000 HP (with 25 CHA), inspire will take you to 2400/2400 HP. Are you saying that it should take you from 2000/2000 to 2000/2400?

It increases maximum health, and in that case it gives you that additional health. But nowhere it says that it should heal you if it doesn't increase your max health.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@MidniteArrow

Yeah it sort of is 2 issues but I'm for less restrictions but they are also still tied together. One of the nice things about fractured is the mixed builds yes can it lead to some OP stuff & harder to balance but since the CC changes it isnt as bad.

Saying a fire mage using a fire staff should be locked out of the rest of the schools will also create some new imbalances especially with the defensive options out there. The other option then is are we switching some skills to be 2h only? For the sake of having restrictions like melee? Still doesnt solve the issue that a mage with a staff wont be killing someone who is very tanky if thats all we doing .

You could shift firestorm, hailstorm, permafrost and maybe a couple others to be 2h but its not really going to effect the hybrid much. Hybrids currently get the best of both worlds because the 2H mage staff is garbage and there is no choice. It has nothing over weapon+ shield. Yeah we could restrict some spells to 2h staves which would be fine but it wont effect the hybrid much & possibly still have them out damaging the light 2h mages because of the resistance differential.

Make Second Wind the defacto heavy armor skill & think that would be fine so hybrids cant stack that + any other heals. Then balance the mage spells with the 2h staffs increased damage. This way the hybrid has more options but isnt hitting the same as the 2h. If wands come into play and paired with a shield they could do more than a 1h melee + shield so you have an actual pecking order of power for magic. Then if its still a problem you could adjust the cooldown modifier for shields to make hybrids take a little longer to recover.

You want a 2h to do more than a 1h. Which I agree with. What I'm saying is that increase the damage or add more buffs to the elemental staves & it will possibly balance out the rest. So the fire staff has lets say an innate extra 20% then i can do + 20% added by material . Right now with the 20% i gear only 2-3 spells toward my element. If it was up to 40% then I'm going to load more from my school.

Now with scholar a 10 stack is another 20% damage. So 60% increase to a primary school when fully buffed or 40% under any other armor with my primary options. Or opt for a sword and board which leaves me at a 20% for my elemental maybe with scholars up to 40% at full stacks. If I'm running anything else then its just a flat 20% to a specific element because of my choices or if im using a 10% ability weapon thats basically it. So Light mages would be the boom, hybrids some where in middle , while heavies would be tankier but still be able to hurt mages if they get into melee because of low resists.

@spoletta I'm wondering if the increase in hp since it has to fill said hp & looks like a heal but if you're doing it every 12s it might as well be one correct even if it temporary? Might be something to look into.

• @spoletta I agree. If that's changed, I'll just wait until it expires to re-cast, which does slow down the healing by about 50%. But the healing will still be there in some capacity.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured