Forum bug - create topic with utf8 latin extended characters

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Hi guys!
    I'm on the forum since yesterday and I noticed a bug related to topic titles that have special characters (utf8 latin extended).
    When entering a given thread, everything works perfectly. But if I want to open the given thread in a new window (so called target _blank), the thread will not open. Url is misinterpreted and characters are escaped when they shouldn't be. The url should be the same whenever if I open it in new tab or copy the link and paste in the new tab.

This problem affects every language on this forum (which has no characters other than ASCII), mostly except English.
    Languages: German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian or French will not open urls with special characters in the title in a new window.

I have just created my first welcome post in the Polish section of the forum. It contains Polish characters.
    Try opening it directly by clicking on the link, and then opening it in a new tab, or pasting it to a new tab.

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/13989/cześć-dawajcie-na-piwko

• Community Manager

This is sadly an issue I've seen before. I think it's something that needs to be fixed on NodeBB's end. (The forum software developer.)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Specter What a pity that this 'escape' mechanism cannot be turned off in new tab. Probably, this can be also a security issue that they have to escape characters. In this case, I'll keep that in mind, and not create new threads with non-English characters.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured