A Need For Better Moderation and More Moderators

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Every now and then in Fractured, I see people spamming, making racist remarks (typically with offensive usernames), or personally attacking others over reasons intended by the game. There is no proper in-game way to block/mute nor report these people and action taken against them whenever they are reported doesn't happen often enough because they're seen being problematic in the chat again the next day.

What appalled me the most was two individuals casually making racist remarks last month, while trying to justify their own actions, and one of the GMs was repeatedly giving them chances while they kept going until another stepped in and outright muted them. They were later banned, but the actions of the first GM greatly disappointed me regardless of the whole "good cop" and "bad cop" jokes the two were making.

In the official Discord server, not only is it disorganized (the channels) but there is constant bickering in channels—going as far as opening up someone's Discord profile to mock their pronouns—that should be stricter such as #bug-reports and #player-feedback. There is one GM that occasionally pops in to keep the channels they're often in (#general-discussion) under control but usually when they're involved in the discussion.

For the lack of moderation (not the channel disorganization), this could be due to the fact that they're overburdened with the task of dislodging players who get stuck (in that case, there simply needs to be more moderators) because there isn't a dedicated way for us to do that ourselves ("/unstuck" or button that does the same), and it could also have to do with time zones since everyone lives on different parts of the world. There could be other reasons, but these two seem to be the most obvious ones since there are only three moderators/Game Masters.

Please consider recruiting more moderators/Game Masters that are impartial yet passionate about keeping the community they want to be a part of organized, under control, and a safe space for others to have conversations and share their thoughts in. The lack of control we have over trying to maintain that ourselves (the underdeveloped social features of Fractured), and the uncertainty that our current moderators will ensure that for us, is my main discontentment with Fractured at the moment.

UnityClient@Windows_z9rMxLyMdQ.png UnityClient@Windows_1M9pGySWg7.png UnityClient@Windows_lvpkcOod81.png
    image.png
    Someone spamming blank walls back to back: https://i.imgur.com/y4THHvc.mp4

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured