Suggestion on some spells/skill balancing

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Feel free to add to the list

general skills
    Relocate - Remove charges make cooldown based on int level int 0 = 12 sec, int 12 = 10 sec, int 18 = 8 seconds, int 24 = 6 second (This offers some counter play to the 3-4 relocates and mount and leave) atm light armor uses choose wether or not they want to fight agaist anyone else who doesnt have relocate it still better than battle jump at 18 int so thats help since they be in light armor where battle jump is used by medium and above.

Protection/Cloak skills: need to reduce the cast time on these skills in pvp there almost removed the moment there up and take huge dmg when that happens and then takes to long to reapply due to 2 second cast they also drain your mana too so its like 3 negatives to 1 positive. In seiges there will always be atleast 1 person with a despel skill so these never stay active i would remove the mana drain (Since your already at a disadvanage with skills that do alot of dmg when they debuff) or remove/reduce the cast time.

Ice
    Wintersgrasp - channeled single target skill that does next to no dmg, this definetly needs an increase dmg wise sicne its also relatively close range skill too (Currently int x 4 dmg, i feel it should be int x 8 dmg since you can be easily CCed out of it) It also has a relay long CD for the dmg output it does

ice spike - Might need a minor dmg increase Int x 8 to int x10 dmg

lightning
    Static Discharge - Charge time need to probaly be reduced slightly 25% (4 to 3 seconds) its basicly impossible to get this off since people just move out of the way every time if you try or you get interupted casting it, the other option is make the caster immune to all CC during the charging period

Lightning Rush - Needs to be longer range mayeb increase it by 3m from 5 to 8m

Magnetize - By itself it not broken to badly however combined with shock totem it does so much dmg since shock totems apply shock debuff so fast i would make shock totems add stacks at a slower rate but more each time. It could be strong in large scale cause everyone magnifies the effect aswell.

Fork lighting- I would say this needs a dmg increase (int x6 is no where near enough dmg) especially for 350 mana cost

Chain lightning - Same as fork lighting not enough dmg for the mana cost

Shocking lash - needs a CD on for 0.2 seconds so you dont constantly interupt urself when u spam the skill

Fire
    Fire spell are probaly in a better spot they naturally have higher dmg than all other skills and there elemental debuffs is easier to stack compared to the other elements (You kinda need totems in most cases to get the stacks in the other line)

Burning pillar - Might need a minor nerf however Crush dmg 200 + Int x 18 dmg (higher than most skills already) + 40 elemental debuff stacks + a stun with relativly short CD/mana cost compared to the skill its kinda a little loaded compared to all others currently

poison
    hard to say where poison sits atm since half it kit is on terra and the other half is on human lands, however one problem with the kit is people can counter it with a very easy item to obtain which is the herbal remedy i feel this item needs to be much harder to obtain or be removed from the game or have it so it cant be used via inventory so you need to sacrafice a hotbar spot to use them

Earth
    hard to say here has same issue with poisen where half their kits are on each planet

Power word X
    Power word stun/silence kinda in a weird spot since cha is kinda stat no one currently takes and these skills require target to have more charisma than you to work and power word kill and heal requires or promotes having high charisma so kinda weird synergy here i would change them stun and silence to work when targets have less charisma than you so power word X skills all follow the same rules and would also make these skills better due to not many people running charisma currently

magic dmg
    Energy blast - Need charge time halfed dmg is fine where it at just half the channel time from 4 seconds to 2 if they hit somone with it the dmg is rewarding enough at 2 seconds if your keeping it 4 second dmg need to be greatly increased
    Magic missle - base dmg is to low especly when it cant be modified by int (only missle amount) bump it up 40 dmg i think per missle and it might be in an ok spot
    Piece Magic - is fine might base dmg might need to be intx10 from int x8 though
    Mind strike - seems fine but atm it bad since charisma isnt all that useful currently so when more char skills in play might be worth

Assasin skills
    The assasin skills that are calculated via Dex+perc= dmg might need to be looked at this pigeon hole you into doing a max dex/max perception build and the reward is often not there, i think pierce through is the only one of these skills that have decent enough dmg/reward for commiting most of your stats into perc/dex the rest seem rather meh.

Assasin Dex dmg skills are also rather bad dmg wise especialy for those wanting to play a stealth class which limits you to light weapon/armor and all the assasin skill do more dmg basicly when they have less HP but you dont have any good dmg to chunk hp at the start of the fight so you end up doing nothing unless somone else dmgs them for you then u can finish them quicker.
    Easiest fix here imo to make stealth assasins viable is to change shadow step from Dex x 6 dmg to Dex x 14 dmg this will chunk somone reasonable well from stealth which then allows there other dmg skills to do some dmg since there missing some HP from the opening strike which is how an assasin should play imo

I cant realy comment on warrior abilities since i havant tried playing a warrior mostly mage with a bit of assasins but i know alot of melee abilities need a buff to be used.
    Execute/power word kill - Should go through death bargain however

Wintersgrasp - channeled single target skill that does next to no dmg, this definetly needs an increase dmg wise sicne its also relatively close range skill too (Currently int x 4 dmg, i feel it should be int x 8 dmg since you can be easily CCed out of it) It also has a relay long CD for the dmg output it does

This is an issue with stack application not taking accuracy into account. When used by frost elementals (which ignore target fortitude) this skill is very powerful. Instead, when cast by a player under the current rules, if the target has enough fortitude the stacks applied are less than the stacks decaying.

ice spike - Might need a minor dmg increase Int x 8 to int x10 dmg
    I agree. After the huge (deserved) nerf they received, they know need a little bit of love.

Lightning Rush - Needs to be longer range mayeb increase it by 3m from 5 to 8m

8 could be a bit much, but I could see an increase to 6.

Magnetize - By itself it not broken to badly however combined with shock totem it does so much dmg since shock totems apply shock debuff so fast i would make shock totems add stacks at a slower rate but more each time. It could be strong in large scale cause everyone magnifies the effect aswell.

This skill is the enabler of the shock builds. It should be increased to 3 memory points, but I don't think that it should be nerfed.
    Totems are a completely different matter. Totems should be 100% nerfed and everyone agrees on that point.

Burning pillar - Might need a minor nerf however Crush dmg 200 + Int x 18 dmg (higher than most skills already) + 40 elemental debuff stacks + a stun with relativly short CD/mana cost compared to the skill its kinda a little loaded compared to all others currently

Same as magnetize, this skill is what enables the fire builds. Like the other one though it is a bit too powerful for 2 memory points, I could definitely see this one as a 3 memory point.

Power word X
    Power word stun/silence kinda in a weird spot since cha is kinda stat no one currently takes and these skills require target to have more charisma than you to work and power word kill and heal requires or promotes having high charisma so kinda weird synergy here i would change them stun and silence to work when targets have less charisma than you so power word X skills all follow the same rules and would also make these skills better due to not many people running charisma currently

Power words already work like that. You need to have an HIGHER charisma than the target.

magic dmg
    Energy blast - Need charge time halfed dmg is fine where it at just half the channel time from 4 seconds to 2 if they hit somone with it the dmg is rewarding enough at 2 seconds if your keeping it 4 second dmg need to be greatly increased
    Magic missle - base dmg is to low especly when it cant be modified by int (only missle amount) bump it up 40 dmg i think per missle and it might be in an ok spot
    Piece Magic - is fine might base dmg might need to be intx10 from int x8 though
    Mind strike - seems fine but atm it bad since charisma isnt all that useful currently so when more char skills in play might be worth

Energy damage needs definitely some improvements. It doesn't leave lasting effects like the other spells, so I think that magic missile could use a 20% damage increase. Energy blast should be the fireball equivalent of the energy class, so its area of effect should be greatly increased. Pierce magic damage is fine, the problem is that now it isn't dispelling. Mind strike is an unknown factor until we have more illusion spells.

The assasin skills that are calculated via Dex+perc= dmg might need to be looked at this pigeon hole you into doing a max dex/max perception build and the reward is often not there, i think pierce through is the only one of these skills that have decent enough dmg/reward for commiting most of your stats into perc/dex the rest seem rather meh.

The assassination skill you are referring to is Strike wounds, and as I have already said in other places, it is the root of all archers, assassin and warrior evils.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@spoletta

Lightning rush would need to be tested range wise tbh although going to 6 then 7 if that not enough and so on is the best way of doing it

I agree with magnetise and burning pillar being shifted to 3 memory cost instead

power words if they do indeed work that way then the tool tip needs changed because power word silence and stun says if the target has more charisma than you in the tooltip do X to them.

As for the assasination skill there a couple that does extra dmg when there missing health, i cant check them currently cause server log in are down, but off top of my head there Strike wounds and assassination i beleive there 1 or 2 more too, Strike wounds should be limited to light weapon or light armor which i beleive assasination skill is also limited to. They lack opening dmg from stealth though since shadow step actually does terrible dmg it does like 150 dmg 😄 if it did like 400-500 or so then were getting somewhere they realy need a solid opening from stealth if they dont have that then they kinda suck 😄

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured