Totems need to get fixed fast or im out of here

• I'm around since Alpha, and getting sick of this shit.
    Endless fights against elder trolls and ogres, because of the fking agro reset after your totem gets killed.
    All the mobs run back to there spawnspot and recover full health every totem death...
    It does not matter if i'm hitting the mob in melee range or casting continues spells on it, it just resets...

• I agree, it's frustrating that even when the totem isn't the target, its natural timer will reset mobs. It can't be intended and for sure it feels awful.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

I don't see the issues with totems being something worth... quitting over, but I don't ever use them, so I guess I don't value them as much as you do; however, I do agree that they need to be fixed because they create too much chaos in parties.

1. They have too much range. They will attack creatures over long distances—way beyond their leash areas—causing more creatures to swarm in and "yo-yo" (come and go due to their threat resetting) until the area is vacated.
    2. They get in the way of attacks. They should be considered our allies much like random NPCs that have no affiliation with each other are allied in the sense that they can't harm each other and can buff/heal each other.
    3. Lastly, they do have an issue with resetting creatures' threat upon destruction/despawning.

These issues made me hate being in parties with people who heavily rely on them when I needed to form groups for knowledge points, but I tolerated them.

Hopefully they will be adjusted and fixed soon.

• For me the main purpose of a totem is to take the initial big hits from MOBs.
    When it comes to trolls and ogres, the build matters more than a totem (IMHO).

If you imbue out a nice set with pyro, it is pretty easy to burn down elder trolls.
    If you imbue out a nice set with cryo, orges can be nearly permanently frozen. Group recommended.

For use of the totem, it can be tricky but it can be worked around - especially if you can take aggro from the totem before it goes down.

While not ideal perhaps, using the totem to take the big hits up front can be a big help. In graveyards I use it to group mobs for AoEs. It is very useful.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured