Getting Started Soon

• Good morning,

I'm preparing to pick up this game. Some of my friends were interested in trying this game out in the next few weeks (after the holidays), but I figured I'd get started installing it and trying it out a little bit.

My question is: Is the only way to play this game through steam, or is there a third party launcher?

Thanks again, and see you all soon!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Welcome, @Ransel.

My question is: Is the only way to play this game through steam, or is there a third party launcher?

Fractured Online has a standalone launcher, which is available on its official website just before this forum and can also be played through Steam. If you already have an account here and you bought the game on Steam, you can choose the option that mentions linking your existing account if opened for the first time on Steam.

Also, take a look at this guide before getting started: https://fractured.wiki.gg/wiki/Basics_Guide

Thanks again, and see you all soon!

Good luck, and happy hunting.

• @Fi said in Getting Started Soon:

t the game on Steam, you can choose the option that mentions linking your e

Thanks for the welcome!

I haven't bought the game yet, but I intend to buy it today. I've had experience with mmo's that are early access like this, so I wanted to make sure to buy it "in the right way" to prevent difficulties. Some games I've played in the past have had a steam purchase, but then you buy a vip pack and put a code into the game. Is that how it works for fractured online?

I'd like to get whatever the pack is that lets me start with a mount. Assuming mounts are in game of course?

I'll probably opt for the stand alone launcher. Steam usually mucks things up from my experience in the past.

Thanks again for the assistance and I look forward to trying the game out tonight. Time for work though, until later!

• @Ransel The VIP perks are not available yet (early access). That said, it is pretty easy to get a mount in game. You should be able to pick one up at a market for 100gp or less.

Beginner advice: (from my limited experience)

• Don't worry about getting a mount or a house. You need to do quite a bit of gathering of materials and taking a horse everywhere just inhibits that. You don't need a house right away either - you need skills. No need to buy a house until you've had a chance to look around.

• Start in Aerhen and farm green ?'s first (on the map) and then yellow. Burn through your 40hrs. of protected status getting everything you can from Aerhen.

• Items you pick up from the ground can sell well on the market. Check out a market in any player run city and find out what people are requesting and what they're paying for items. I make most of my cash this way.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Ransel said in Getting Started Soon:

Some games I've played in the past have had a steam purchase, but then you buy a vip pack and put a code into the game. Is that how it works for fractured online?

Fractured Online doesn't offer Steam Keys in their Founders' Packs, but it does give other neat rewards as shown here: https://fracturedmmo.com/store/#pack

Buying one of them on the website (or on Steam) gives you the rewards mentioned on each individual pack and the previous rewards of the lower tiers for the higher tiers. At the moment, none of these rewards are available, but some of them will be soon based on this roadmap: https://fracturedmmo.com/launch-review-roadmap/

Wherever you buy a pack will be where you gain access to the game.

• Website = Standalone launcher.
    • Steam = Steam's launcher. (You can upgrade through the in-game store.)

I'd like to get whatever the pack is that lets me start with a mount. Assuming mounts are in game of course?

There are mounts, but the one given by the Founders' Packs are not available yet as mentioned above. Wild horses are all over the lands, and they're typically sold in the marketplaces for 50g if you're unable to find and capture one.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured