Feedback - after weeks of play

• The Vision

First, I cannot state enough how much I fully appreciate the vision of the developers for Fractured Online. I think you have been crystal clear on what the game will offer and the vision you have for your game. The three planet solution, the sandbox, the progression, all of it is solid to the core. I believe that if you stick to this clear vision, despite any nay-sayers, you will send a solid product into the MMO landscape and you will bring a true successor to Ultima Online to the market.

Pros

Learning abilities from creatures you fight is very innovative and I really enjoy “the hunt” for new abilities. It forces everyone to fully explore the map and to branch out of their comfort zones.

Combat is fun. Each creature feels very unique and they all use their various abilities which keeps the combat feeling fresh. You need to think about what you need to fight particular mobs given their strengths and weaknesses. Love this aspect of the game.

City-building is awesome. It requires the community to work together and it inspires guilds to work together. So many MMO’s are just a bunch of solo players running around with thousands of players ignoring each other. Fractured Online requires teamwork and this is such a good thing. I have met so many new friends already just working to build a city.

Housing is a nice touch. The ability to own a house as a resident or as a citizen (actually having two paths to ownership) is a very appealing feature of the game. I love the extra storage that chests bring.

Gathering resources is a great deal of fun for me. I love the variety of resources and that all of them (once the bugs are worked out) are useful in some way either in crafting gear or enchanting gear. I LOVE that some resources are confined to particular areas of the map…some are rare. I would love to see even more diversity and perhaps even more scarcity of resources to create higher demand, but you have a great thing going here and I love it so far.

The marketplace is easy to use and I do enjoy that each city runs its own marketplace and that regions will have different pricing depending on what resources are available to that particular area. Ex. Troll hide is cheaper in Northguard because we have so much of it.

Weapon/Armor/Build variety is very pleasing. I get excited thinking about all of the freedom I have to try out new builds. There is plenty of variety in the game already for every playstyle. Keep up the great work; I look forward to more.

Needs Improvement

Housing - as stated earlier, I love the housing, but I do feel it needs something else. Sure I get extra storage and I can craft there, but building a home and paying the taxes should perhaps offer more? Perhaps cheaper rates on the marketplace/crafting benches for towns where you are a resident (if those fees are added into the game). Perhaps you could add a 20-30 minute buff (luck, gathering rate, other ideas you might have) if you rest at your house? I just think a few more incentives to owning a house would get more players building and staying there…it would bring more life to the cities instead of just running past deserted buildings.

Stuck mobs in combat in certain situations. They get stuck and won’t move in certain situations. I have filled out a few bug reports on this. Ex. I fire power shots to slow and pull the mob…he runs close and I net him. Then he never moves again while I stay at range and shoot him to death. This may only be an archer thing.

Biodiversity - I love the creatures in the game so far, but I think more creatures are needed. Where are the birds? Will there be fish in the streams? I think that adding more flavor to the game will make it feel more alive and add even greater variety.

Cooking - I love cooking food in games, but the cooking recipes in the game are too uninspired. Different foods should add more than just filling up your stomach. Perhaps add multi-ingredient recipes too. There are many foods, like onions and celery and such that could be used to make more complex meals. Perhaps better foods could offer some buffs?

Housing Zones - I hope the game is wildly successful, but there may be too many building plots in the game. Only time will tell what the right amount is, but it would be nice if you could start smaller and add more as needed. I realize it’s beta and we have a small playerbase, but running through Aehern last night I saw massive housing areas just sit empty taking up space, providing no content. The same is true in Myr. Could you have those areas wild to start and then add them in as needed later in the game? Could you give cities control of the suburbs and let them build housing zones as needed? Could this be made more dynamic and less fixed is what I am asking? Empty housing zones in release will make people think the game is deserted, but open territory filled with creatures and things to gather just provide more content.

Needs Serious Attention

Toxic, non stop negativity in the community. I have nothing game related in this category other than certain members of this community who resort to personal attacks after they kill you in game or when you disagree with them in chat. Some of these people claim to love the game, but in global chat or in discord or on the forums they constantly complain about the game and talk about how the game will fail. They gaslight and argue to argue. This non-stop negativity has already driven players away from beta and I believe these negative personality types will drive players away upon release. The only way to solve this problem is vigilant moderators (the mods we have have already been helpful, this is not to criticize their work)…it will take many full time employees at release to control these people. Shutting down toxic players and swinging the ban hammer at them is the only viable means to control them. Sadly this kind of game attracts the worst amongst the gaming community.

In Closing

I LOVE this game as it is and I am only excited to see more as the months continue. I believe in the vision of the developers and I fully support you all. Please keep up the good work and know that you have already created something the old UO vets have wanted for over 20 years. You are doing good work. Please look after yourselves as you continue this process. I know how much is asked of you and how much of your life game development demands. Don’t listen to the non-stop critics…you have made a good game already…soon it will be great.

Most sincerely,

Gobelin (Arras in game)

• @gobelin said in Feedback - after weeks of play:

Toxic, non stop negativity in the community. I have nothing game related in this category other than certain members of this community who resort to personal attacks after they kill you in game or when you disagree with them in chat. Some of these people claim to love the game, but in global chat or in discord or on the forums they constantly complain about the game and talk about how the game will fail. They gaslight and argue to argue. This non-stop negativity has already driven players away from beta and I believe these negative personality types will drive players away upon release. The only way to solve this problem is vigilant moderators (the mods we have have already been helpful, this is not to criticize their work)…it will take many full time employees at release to control these people. Shutting down toxic players and swinging the ban hammer at them is the only viable means to control them. Sadly this kind of game attracts the worst amongst the gaming community.

Hello Hero Gobelin,

In the near future, we Ambassadors should be equipped with the tools that will enable us to curb toxic behavior in the game.
    In addition, recruitment is currently underway to increase our number and thus enable permanent monitoring and, if necessary, an intervention.

• Hello Hero Tapestry,

In the near future, we Ambassadors should be equipped with the tools that will enable us to curb toxic behavior in the game.
    In addition, recruitment is currently underway to increase our number and thus enable permanent monitoring and, if necessary, an intervention.

Hahaha...you get my name. 🙂

You folks have already been VERY helpful in swinging that ban hammer. Personally, I think there are a few more swings remaining. I really do hope that Gamigo invests in enough support to help keep the community helpful and friendly.

In any event...keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured