Death and what it entails

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@Tuoni rgr, that makes sense.

Initially, I still think the main market will be for plain vanilla non-enchanted gear (if you do happen to die in a strange and lonely place far from respawn or when PVP full loot is implemented) but it is likely to be always cheap because it is quite easy to make by everyone. At this stage, the more interesting market will be the always useful top tier enchants and enchanted gear which is likely to be where the money is made for now if at all.

I still think the gearing will be very limited in this test (because we are testing city management), but I also hope to see how the economy forms and transforms through the test. I made all my gear last test and tried all the variations and many enchants but I didn't really see a market opportunity as everyone either made their own gear or prolly had a friend or guildie make it for them - gear was easy to gather mats for and make. I am not sure what the design intent is for the economy or when the economy is scheduled to make an official appearance, but having something like a auction house or player vendors might help get things started (don't remember either in the last test) along with resource scarcity (wargs were the hardest to source for me in terms of gathered mats) and regional resources (if you check out the proposed resource map) could all help kickstart the economy... that, and PVP full loot when that gets introduced.

TL;DR: Death gives life to the economy... but we're testing city stuff

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured