Notes and Suggestions for the latest test
These are some notes from my first few hours of the test. (will update as needed)
First, I love the new mage staff and that quests take you through making your first set of armor. Magic users were needing a basic mage weapon.
• Quests show all markers at once and don’t inform the player which to visit first.
• Quests don’t say what a player needs to do at the marked location (gather, use a station, etc)
o Notable Example is the quest “Healing Provisions”. It direct you to a field, but not what to do there.
• Quests lack descriptions of how to do things (How to rest, how to learn the new skill, how to make the item, etc)
o Again with “Healing Provisions”, it does not say how to craft a bandage.
• Quests to not check currently inventory for already gathered or crafted items.
o This leads to having to repeat steps if done out of order.
• “The Adventure Begins” asks you to visit dangerous and far off locations when that may not be the aim of the player
o Perhaps change to an option quest outside of the tutorial.
• Crafting button appears grayed out. Suggest changing the color.
• Inventory needs sort options
o Notably soft by ingredient type, such as edible or enchanting.
• Enchanting table needs a sort of highlight option for ingredients
o Sorting through an inventory full of stuff to find items with “Air” is tedious and time consuming.
• Traveling is still a bit iffy, with things rooting and murdering you before you can do much.
• It’s very easy to accidentally shoot things. Keep this in mind when adding NPCs or laws regarding harm.
~Bodies needs an indicator that they are lootable.